SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is American Defense Manufacturing gone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is American Defense Manufacturing gone? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
Their website says they were acquired by Hunters Mark and then goes on to say they’re an Amazon something or other.

Is ADM gone? I’ve been out of the “build” zone for a long time and started a PCC build. All of my ADM links are busted. Frown

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107626 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The americandefensemanufacturing.com ridirects to

https://huntingmark.com/americandefensemanufacturing/

I did a wayback on the "long" ADM url and it was the site that is now admmfg.com

In the "Hunting Mark site above, it does speak of the acquisition.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43902 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I read this correctly, what "huntingmark" acquired was merely the domain name.

Am I misreading this?

"We’re here to announce that Hunting Mark has successfully acquired the AmericanDefenseManufacturing.com, which is a former internet home of an industry-leading brand that sells quality firearms and accessories such as Rifles, Pistols, Scopes & Optics, Scope Mounts, Upper & Lower Receivers, and other firearms accessories. "

Poorly worded

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely a WTF moment for me.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
As a general rule, over 85% of startups are out of business inside of ten years.

There have been a lot of names come and go since the internet itself became free access. Or, at least not dialup. Even that is a graveyard of sorts already. Anyone still use AOL?

I have a well made lower from a company who still builds turbo kits for imports, they don't seem to offer them any more. AGP. At the five year mark it seems that if a firearms company is still offering what they first introduced, they are already behind the times. And as the years pass, few keep to their low introductory pricing either. Can't say I've seen $49 Spikes lowers in a while.

Nothing stays the same in this industry.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their items are still sold by Brownells.

https://www.brownells.com/sear...ufacturing&ksubmit=y

Posts: 12696 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
As a general rule, over 85% of startups are out of business inside of ten years.
What are you talking about? Who is out of business? That's not what's going on here. Have you read any of this thread or are you just using the initial post to grace us with your profound knowledge?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If I read this correctly, what "huntingmark" acquired was merely the domain name.

Am I misreading this?

"We’re here to announce that Hunting Mark has successfully acquired the AmericanDefenseManufacturing.com, which is a former internet home of an industry-leading brand that sells quality firearms and accessories such as Rifles, Pistols, Scopes & Optics, Scope Mounts, Upper & Lower Receivers, and other firearms accessories. "

Poorly worded

You are correct. I figure they let the name lapse and it was snagged.

It happens quite a bit, unless one sets up the names to be autorenewal.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43902 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post