SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trouble shooting a leaf blower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble shooting a leaf blower Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Had the exact same issue a few months back with my leaf blower. It was the fuel lines running from tank to the carb. Replaced both of them and blew out the in tank filter and all worked well.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brianp90:
Pull the muffler and make sure it and the spark arrestor screen are not plugged.

This, especially. A clogged spark arrestor can easily choke off an engine. They get clogged with carbon build up. On all of my small engines, they are accessible by simply removing a few screws and a cover plate.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My Style does that too and I have to let it ideal for about 30 seconds to a minute before I hit the throttle and then I just tap it until it gets really warmed up.... another 20 or 30 seconds...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
How old is it, what model is it? Have you looked into adjusting the carb?

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
How old is it, what model is it? Have you looked into adjusting the carb?

If it accelerates when you partially close the choke, then generally the fuel air mixture is too lean. I'd try this first as it only takes 2 seconds with a small flat tip, try backing the screw out (counter clockwise) 1/8-1/4 of a turn, but note which position the screw was facing when you started.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post