SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA Houston 2022
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Houston 2022 Login/Join 
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted
Anyone besides me going? I'll be there Friday the 27th.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I’m planning to go but not sure which day.

I preregistered but haven’t received my packet yet. When did you get yours?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I’m planning to go but not sure which day.

I preregistered but haven’t received my packet yet. When did you get yours?

Got mine today, they were mailed out of Austin and I'm in Victoria, so it should get to you tomorrow I'd assume.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I'll be recovering from catheter ablation, and will still be in the hospital,,

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes, all three days.

Posts: 22854 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
Got mine today, they were mailed out of Austin and I'm in Victoria, so it should get to you tomorrow I'd assume.
You were right. It was in the mailbox when I got home tonight.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
You were right. It was in the mailbox when I got home tonight.

Excellent. I don't know if I'll run into any of y'all, but I'll be the short/balding dude with the lanyard, if that helps!

posted Hide Post
Yep probably Saturday my tickets came in Tuesday in Louisiana

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Bummed that the Sat PM concert isn't happening.
Now waiting in line to see Trump which is better anyway.

Posts: 22854 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I’m planning to go Sunday.

How many protesters? When I went to NRA annual convention in Dallas a few years ago, there was more people in line for the men’s room than there were outdoors at Alyssa Milano‘s protest. However, the news shot it from favorable angles to make it look bigger and they gave it more air time than all the peaceful NRA members.

posted Hide Post
I’m going next year. 2023 in Indianapolis

Posts: 461 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m planning to go Sunday.

How many protesters? When I went to NRA annual convention in Dallas a few years ago, there was more people in line for the men’s room than there were outdoors at Alyssa Milano‘s protest. However, the news shot it from favorable angles to make it look bigger and they gave it more air time than all the peaceful NRA members.

It wasn't bad when we went in or when we left! We actually parked next to 3 Mom's Demand Action ladies, and casually walked with them to the George R Brown and exchanged pleasantries. They walked left at the light and we went straight into the convention center. All in all it seemed mild, but I didn't pay much attention. Walked through some protesters on the way out, they didn't get in our way or yell at us. Unless things change later in the weekend, I'd say things were mild and peaceful. (but I haven't watched any news yet).

Oh yeah, I got to meet Rachel Bee and Ronnie Barrett, and some others, like Neil Hogue.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The GF and I went today and enjoyed ourselves. Her favorite booth was the dry fire training system, Pro Shooter, followed closely by any booth that had Muddy Girl camo guns. My favorite booth was the jerky stand (I'm a sucker for premium jerky and I managed to stay under budget by $5) and the favorite gun booth was Kahr (super friendly; reached under the counter and gave me a hat when I mentioned I had a MK9; and loved the Tommy guns, M1A1, BFRs, Desert Eagles, etc).

She's never been to an NRA annual convention or even a gun show. All of the clean cut, polite people made a favorable impression on her.

Very large police presence inside and out. Only saw 2 protestors. Before lunch saw a solo abortion rights protestor and after lunch saw an old couple heading home with some "stop the madness" gun violence sign.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got offered a pair of tickets late last night, too late to make accommodations with the stuff I needed to get done today.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15147 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
I’m going next year. 2023 in Indianapolis

Damn well I'm going to that since I live here. 2019 was great despite the rain.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I absolutely would have gone, but I have back surgery on Tuesday. Enjoy.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post