SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone else grocery shop at their local feed store?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone else grocery shop at their local feed store? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
There is a feed store in town run by old family friends. My family and theirs goes back several generations.
I get my eggs, honey and jams/jelly’s from them. Sometimes I order beef from them. Some of the stuff they grow, some they buy from local folks.
Anyone else?

Oh, a fella sells some pretty good goat milk soap there also.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
goat milk soap
Those words don't belong together.

Posts: 107744 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local feed store has folks who sit in front and sell those sorts of items. Chickens and rabbits,however are for sale for consumption.
The local farmers markets are quite large and provide many of the same items.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fresh eggs and honey I get from a farm a bit northeast of us. Our favorite jam—chokecherry, is also made locally in a Mennonite community a bit southeast of us.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Our local farm and garden store has a lot of specialty items. Sort of delicacies I guess you would call them. I've brought them home with me more than once.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5054 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yeah. My local feed store is Bristol Farms, an upscale supermarket, and I do much of my grocery shopping there. It’s just a short walk from my home. I found an excellent new cheese there today: Carr Valley Menage – made from a blend of milk from cows, sheep, and goats.

http://www.carrvalleycheese.co...ge/productinfo/3066/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9003 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Moo. Moooo. Mmmoooo. Mmmmoo. Mmoo. Moo.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I do when I have a sore throat and I am a bit hoarse.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does jerky at the gun store count?

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I buy my Moon Pies at Rural King.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get navy and black beans there. Local grown, and a fraction of the price for a bag in the store.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a feed store in town run by old family friends. My family and theirs goes back several generations.
I get my eggs, honey and jams/jelly’s from them. Sometimes I order beef from them. Some of the stuff they grow, some they buy from local folks.
Anyone else?

Nice...where is this place?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Anyone else?

Far East Texas...a little bump on I30 named New Boston. But Shelton’s Feed and Fertilizer is on the old thoroughfare, Hwy 82.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Nothing but animal feed at my local feed stores.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Anyone else?

Far East Texas...a little bump on I30 named New Boston. But Shelton’s Feed and Fertilizer is on the old thoroughfare, Hwy 82.

Thanks...need to stop next time I am driving home.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post