SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The bitter taste of one's own medicine, on TikTok
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The bitter taste of one's own medicine, on TikTok Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They could just finish it out with ZOLTAN!

Posts: 5356 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I know the reflex is to give the standard answer "They won't learn from this" but, y'know, a tattoo is a constant reminder and in this case, a source of shame. If they change/obscure the tattoo or if they have it lasered off, it will still be a reminder. I wonder if a lesson has been thoroughly taught.

Then again, they have teh stupid, so...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107745 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
"Fuck the ADL"?

I get the irony, so yes. But do they even know what the ADL is?

Posts: 1633 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The only lesson they have learned is the one they have been taught.
It's someone else's fault.

Bunch of Lemmings, all of 'em.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:... I wonder if a lesson has been thoroughly taught.

Yes. A few will be changed.
It may take time, but that constant reminder may cause some to ponder. Mountains are worn away by seemingly small forces over time.

I will take those few.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I get the schadenfreude, but calling a Z with a crossbar a Nazi symbol seems like a stretch. That's how handwritten Zs look in most of Europe.

The wolfangel thing, maybe, but the tattoo they're getting is a Z with a crossbar, not a wolfangel.

Maybe the trolling part is convincing them it's a Nazi symbol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ergrenadier_Division

Insignia of the Wehrmacht

If we're going to go by the standard that anything used in Nazi military unit insignia are Nazi symbols, it looks like we're going to have to give up using the following symbols, too, among others:

Triangles
Flowers
Deer heads
Letter Fs
Moose heads
Circles
Hearts
Crosses
Diamonds
Entire Moose
Letter Ps
Swords
Antlers
Grapes
Rearing Horses
Pigs
Letter Ns
Arrows
Rabbits
Letter Ss
Oak leaves
Simple icon-style "Christmas trees"
Letter Xs
Axes
Letter Ys
Parachutes
Letter Rs

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Rabbits??? YOU LEAVE THE BUNNIES ALONE!!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107745 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
fucking Nazi a-holes appropriated everything !!

What's left that I can stamp all over my skin ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Right? Who knew that cute little fluffy bunny wabbits are secretly Nazis? Big Grin

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The nazi symbol reference is too obscure for me. i just stop at getting a tattoo to identify yourself with your generation. That's enough stupidity right there for me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19719 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eh, it fits the generation. After all they are the originators of such dank memes as "Hitler did nothing wrong", "Pool's closed", and "Ugandan knuckles".

They also grew up with Dragon Ball Z, and that is probably where it came from.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And these idiots vote. Eek

AND reproduce.

Dang, ya beat me to it. Maybe some shinny black leather would fit in too.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Absolutely! Where else are we going to put all those pancakes?

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Anything that the Nazis ever used can be the basis for complaints by the ignorant regardless of its meaning or relevance to Nazi ideology or practice. Although the Iron Cross medal predated the Nazi era by over a century, it has been identified as a “Nazi” symbol in recent times. Not all have been noted, however, and my favorite exception (thus far, anyway) is the ND (“nuclear disarmament”) semaphore combination (i.e., the so-called “peace” symbol) that looks much like a rune used by the Schutzstaffel (SS) to symbolize “death.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...of_the_Schutzstaffel

I keep waiting for someone on the left to discover that link and for the “footprint of the American chicken” to finally disappear.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47415 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
When I worked at an aircraft factory that was how we were instructed to print the letter z, we also drew a vertical line down the middle of the letter s and o, a angled slash through the number 0 and a vertical line bisecting the number 7, along with a few other things that I’ve forgotten. To this day I still write 7 that way.

Posts: 12185 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post