SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird trends in pickup truck modification - Carolina Squat
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird trends in pickup truck modification - Carolina Squat Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I am seeing more and more trucks lifted in the front and low in the rear. It's called the "Carolina Squat," and despite this truck having Virginia tags, I saw it in North Carolina. When I first started seeing them, I was thinking they just had really heavy loads, but they don't. Folks are doing this to their trucks. Has anyone else seen this? I think it looks ridiculous.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Yes. They call it squatting. Guess they always want it to look like they are hauling a load instead of taking one.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'm sure once they spent the time to get the camber adjusted, they properly aimed their headlights.

The stickers and exhaust tips tell me this isn't going across the stage at Barrett-Jackson anytime soon.

A lot of '60s Fords came this way. I have no idea why. Confused

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.urbandictionary.co...erm=carolina%20squat

Normally ridiculous mods like that are reserved for certain ethnic groups who are hell bent and determined to fuck up every vehicle they touch.

Some of the other trends that make no sense I have seen are putting huge rims and low profile tires in a lifted truck or just about anything with a wing added

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen one that extreme yet, but we do see a lot of lifted trucks that are higher in the front than in the back. Around here it's called "bulldogging".

I saw one the other day that was lifted, higher in the front, and had the "stretched" tires on it that look too narrow for their rim. Total stupidity...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s not set up as pre-runner it’s goofy

Posts: 3917 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I want more info on the purple pool noodle in the pic!! Confused

I have yet to understand the diesel trucks with a 10" exhaust stack out of the bed or a 10" exhaust tip at the rear. I'm pretty sure it's connected to something significantly smaller on the other end. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The cool dudes here put little bitty super wide tires on their pickups. Bonus points if they stick out 8 or 10” on each side of the truck. And if your canary yellow truck matches your pointy toed roach stomper cowboy boots.

You need to have your size 6 cowboy hat on the dash as well.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Haven't seen one that extreme yet, but we do see a lot of lifted trucks that are higher in the front than in the back. Around here it's called "bulldogging".

Out here in AZ we see a lot of pre-runners Think trophy truck) with the front slightly higher than rear but that is very purpose driven based on running over terrain at speed and needing the extra travel up front.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Around here that’s called the “Carolina Squat”. I can not see any reason for it, and like the OP think it’s a stupid look.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
...and had the "stretched" tires on it that look too narrow for their rim. Total stupidity...

They don’t LOOK too narrow, they ARE too narrow.

It has to be the dumbest and most capability-diminishing mod I’ve ever seen on a truck or otherwise. Especially the lifted one that some jack wagon has parked at Mrs.BurtonRW’s hospital all the time. 6 inch lift and tires six inches too narrow.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:

I have yet to understand the diesel trucks with a 10" exhaust stack out of the bed or a 10" exhaust tip at the rear. I'm pretty sure it's connected to something significantly smaller on the other end. Roll Eyes

"Tool" noodle!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
They’ve been doing that to mommy or daddy’s truck for the last three years in eastern NC...

Retarded.

A good friend works for Down East Offroad , DEO, in Wilson, they have had many many kids bring in the trucks for the squat....they tell them that doing this will ruin the drivetrain...kids don’t care...DEO does it and about a year later repairs the drivetrain....

It’s just stupid, the look that is, it goes hand in hand with clowns who roll coal, or put super loud pipes on their trucks.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a moonshiner haulin’ a load.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Bro-lean. Absolutely stupid. I can see having a bit of rake if it is indeed a "pre-runner" but otherwise, dumb.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:

"Tool" noodle!
Note, its a giant Nerf gun dart.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I didn't see that when I took the picture. I think that might be a filter thingy on my phone and was added inadvertently, just like the yellow blobs I accidentally added when I was messing with the picture on my phone without my glasses on.

On top of looking stupid, I don't think he had any mufflers on the truck. It was literally painfully loud. Made a LOUD Harley sound like hair clippers.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:

"Tool" noodle!
Note, its a giant Nerf gun dart.

So was this taken during a drive by shooting?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with the pre runner/trophy truck look as its been used to compensate for the engine upfront weight/natural tendency for even mid engine trucks to push forward during air time.

This is an abortion. Zero points given.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's about to be mounted by a dominant truck.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post