SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our new kitten sounds disgusting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our new kitten sounds disgusting Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted
I’m sitting at the kitchen table perusing SigForum and the newish kitten in our house decided it was time for her breakfast, which is directly behind me.

It sounds disgusting. Yuck.

Anybody know how to teach a kitten not to smack her lips while eating? Razz

On a somewhat related not, she’s been on a raw food diet for about 5 days now and the horrendous smelling poop she was producing no longer has any foul odor. We had the same experience when we switched a dog to a completely raw food diet several ears ago.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Tell it to stop, cat's listen very well

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check the cat thread in the What's your deal forum......lots of proof that cats are mindful.

On a serious note - good luck. Why not move the food bowl down the hallway?

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

And cats will implement your directions perfectly.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Why not move the food bowl down the hallway?
The servant should move out of the master's dining area Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are not too fond of her. Better work on bonding.
I would just go with a good quality dry food. See how that works.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It's part of the charm, kind of like bulldogs and Basset Hounds drooling.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You'll probably be fine if you just ask it to stop.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would suggest if the kittens noisy eating disturbs you that much, maybe either: 1. Find a different place from which to peruse SIGforum or 2. Find a different place to feed the cat?

(This has got to be one of the silliest cat/kitten complaints I think I've ever seen.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Why not move the food bowl down the hallway?
The servant should move out of the master's dining area Wink

Exactly! I’m sure you wouldn’t mind finding a new spot to eat, right?

Seriously, our cat thinks she is the queen of all she surveys and likes it that way. Someone suggested dry food; she prefers Original Meow Mix over canned food. Experiment to find a favorite and move the feeding spot if needed. She’ll adjust; whether she’ll hate you for it and plan revenge may be another question. ;-)

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

More bothersome than a dog chewing on a bone at 3am?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personal experience with cats tells me this statement is untrue! Razz

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I would suggest if the kittens noisy eating disturbs you that much...

It doesn't, it was a silly tongue-in-cheek post. I suppose the tongue out emoji was insufficient to express the nature of my post for some people.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
Someone suggested dry food; she prefers Original Meow Mix over canned food. Experiment to find a favorite and move the feeding spot if needed. She’ll adjust; whether she’ll hate you for it and plan revenge may be another question. ;-)

No way we are going back to commercial food. The fact that her #2's don't stink anymore is highly valuable.

Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Sounds like you are not too fond of her. Better work on bonding.
I would just go with a good quality dry food. See how that works.

Eh, we get along ok. I treat her like I'm a cat: a healthy dose of indifference. If she chooses to approach me I'm happy to give her some scratches. She sure loves the kids, though, so that is good!

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
Someone suggested dry food; she prefers Original Meow Mix over canned food. Experiment to find a favorite and move the feeding spot if needed. She’ll adjust; whether she’ll hate you for it and plan revenge may be another question. ;-)

No way we are going back to commercial food. The fact that her #2's don't stink anymore is highly valuable.

The mamma Kitty I caught had horrible turds for a while after I caught her and her kittens. It eventually went away while feeding her dry food and a continuation of table scraps like cooked chicken which I was feeding her while she was wild. I don't think it's the diet other than that it's consistent.
My 2 cents, after you brought back memories of the litter box room. It was like walking into a wall sometimes.
Since then it's very rare for them to be so stinky, but like I say, she gets some table scraps now and then and she's mostly fine.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
It doesn't, it was a silly tongue-in-cheek post. I suppose the tongue out emoji was insufficient to express the nature of my post for some people.
Oh. Well, never mind, then Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

More bothersome than a dog chewing on a bone at 3am?

I was on my back under a 56 300B working on front suspension when Huffman the Cat brought over his catch from the neighboring field. Huffman meowed for my approval and played with the doomed rodent. Things were fine until Huffman decided to have lunch. The sound of crushing bones almost made me sick

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I suspect it's time to change the food yet again. Somewhere out there in pet-food-land there is something out there that won't cause the kitten to make the bad sounds, and won't give her gas.

We did a broad experiment to find some our cats liked - kind of like finding that subset of .22LR ammo that will cycle your pistol, it takes buying a small amount of a bunch of different types and testing before you get it dialed in.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Somewhere out there in pet-food-land there is something out there that won't cause the kitten to make the bad sounds, and won't give her gas.

Kittens are noisy eaters. They go all in and eat as fast as they can. They grow out of it.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having once owning or being owned by 13 cats and having cats all my life, I consider myself experienced in cat behaviors. But my current cat has a new trait: He snores. Loudly. With a whistling tone. Thats a new experience!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post