SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    other national maps one might be interested in
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

other national maps one might be interested in Login/Join 
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Saw this one in a Potbelly sandwich shop and am thinking of ordering one for my office.

Galbraith Railway Map

Thank you for that link. I realize this post is a couple of years old, but I didn't see it the firs ttime around. That map is awesome.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I believe you need remedial reading

read my post carefully

I specifically used the word 'Military'

you even copied it in your response telling me I was wrong

I did not claim it would show combat aircraft although I have watched A10's on it

so perhaps you should do a bit of adjusting

I didn't misread you at all. Being retired military myself, the term military applies to all aircraft used by the armed services and not to some subset as you seem to think. The FAA ruled in 2019 that DOD aircraft that are equipped with ADSB (most are not) could switch it off. Bets are the A10 you spotted was a training aircraft or on a training mission just like T38s are.

"Under a rule published by the FAA, aircraft conducting operations related to homeland security, law enforcement, national defense and intelligence that could be compromised by transmitting real-time aircraft position information are permitted to disable ADS-B transmissions."

Per USAF "no fighter or bomber aircraft or UAVs will have ADS-B (Out), but 1,129 helicopters, 923 mobility aircraft, 259 C2/ISR aircraft, and 625 trainers" will by 2020.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
shots fired interactive:
https://www.thetrace.org/featu...ctive-shootings-map/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
The black blob

aka Day/Night location map.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12427 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.tornadohq.com

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
London Underground Map

Iconic topographic map

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Got anything with Growing Degree Days? I'm into phenology.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Got anything with Growing Degree Days? I'm into phenology.

Here you go: Growing Degree Maps

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There’s sure a big low pressure center over eastern Nebraska and SD/western Iowa and Minnesota right now

Posts: 13275 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstex56:
Norse Attack Map - Realtime Internet attacks

http://map.norsecorp.com/#/

You might actually want to go to that link. They haven't posted that map in quite a while.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3631 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://fire.airnow.gov/

Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I like Marine Traffic when traveling if I’m in range of cell service since the boss doesn’t have AIS on the boat.
That map of oil rigs off FL is a little deceiving. When you click on the location they are “permitted” oil or gas wells.
Having crossed the Gulf numerous times over the last 43 years I can assure you there are no rigs of any sort off off Cape San Blas/Cape St. George, Sarasota or Naples. Certainly none in Destin. Never seen any rigs off Florida or East of the ones off Mobile Bay.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post