SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greta Thunberg, Child Icon of The GDCs Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Poor Greta ... ...

She missed the Nobel Peace Prize by only microns I'm sure. Good Show Girl, but no cigar.

Now, I suppose our Liberal Dems would be handing her the runner-up prize...
The Democratic Presidential Primary Nomination

Only a couple of things stand in the way:

She is 16
She is Swedish

Come'on Nancy and Chuck - get creative! Spin up an investigative committee to figure out a way to get around the Constitution on this one.

Many thousands of Liberal Fools will fall for it. Big Grin

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Greta reminds me of the early adherents to Nazism. Seriously. Watch some video of the Brown Shirt rallies, then watch her. She'd fit right in.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I was talking to my friend at lunch about this. I can't wait until she gets older and starts bossing her parents around, if she isn't already.

She'll steamroll all over them, and they deserve it.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Sorry I haven't read the thread, but I just stopped in to question why she was considered for Nobel prize, she hasn't done anything but scold the entire planet with no actual suggested solution to her perceived problem.

I've never wanted to punch a child or female before, but that insufferable little brat sure made me consider it.

I don’t know if the Nobel committee considered her at all for the Peace prize. It was the anti-Trump social justice warriors and the MSM that had her pencilled in as a slam dunk for it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I hate when this happens to me

https://www.breitbart.com/envi...across-the-atlantic/

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg is looking to the world for suggestions as to how she can re-cross the Atlantic after next month’s U.N. climate summit in Chile was unexpectedly scrapped.
The 16-year-old made it from Sweden to California by yacht, train and electric car before Chile’s government announced it was canning the summit because of political unrest in the South American nation.

The COP25 summit will now be held in Spain and she is pleading for public help to make the 6000-mile trip through carbon-free modes of transportation.

“As #COP25 has officially been moved from Santiago to Madrid I’ll need some help,” Ms Thunberg tweeted from Los Angeles.

It turns out I’ve travelled half around the world, the wrong way.”

“Now I need to find a way to cross the Atlantic in November … If anyone could help me find transport I would be so grateful.”

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My approach is simple-

Don't pay any attention to this little twat. She'll fade away soon enough.

Hopefully she takes Para's choice of sturdy sea worthy vessels, if she runs into rain, and the craft takes on a little water, I'll suggest she drill a "water-letrer-outer" hole in the bottom.
Being on the water a lot, I hear that an old, bloody beef brisket makes a great flotation device, especially in saltwater.

Where's that smug little shits name from the school in Florida? What's that little fuck up to now? Absolutely a half step away from the unknown.

Not even good enough for a "where are they now?" Special 10 years down the road.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8347 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

This is the only carbon free method. She'd better get started.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Hey, Greta, you commie tool - why don't you just do what all your communist brothers-in-arms do when THEY want to make trans-oceanic trips:

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yup...exactly what I thought of. Great minds...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yup. The Kon-Tiki immediately came to mind Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How predictable, noted High Priest of the Limousine Liberals, Leftist scold and leader of the Pussy Posse lauds little Greta. If only Greta knew of Leo's proclivities and reputation.

Leonardo DiCaprio praises Greta Thunberg as a 'leader of our time'
quote:
Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has a lot of fans -- and Leonardo DiCaprio is one of them.

The celebrated actor on Friday posted a photo of himself with the 16-year-old activist on Instagram.
"There are few times in human history where voices are amplified at such pivotal moments and in such transformational ways -- but Greta Thunberg has become a leader of our time," DiCaprio said in the caption.

DiCaprio added that "history will judge us" for what the world does today for its future generations to give them "the same liveable planet" that has been taken for granted.

Like Thunberg, DiCaprio is also an environmental activist. His Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation "supports projects around the world that build climate resiliency, protect vulnerable wildlife and restore balance to threatened ecosystems and communities."

"I hope that Greta's message is a wake-up call to world leaders everywhere that the time for inaction is over," DiCaprio said.

Thunberg asks for help to get to Spain

Despite her star power, Thunberg has found herself at the mercy of bureaucratic reshuffling after the United Nations Convention on Climate Change abruptly shifted location from Chile to Spain.

Thunberg was set to speak at the summit, which has moved following deadly anti-government protests in the Chilean capital, Santiago.

The climate activist refuses to go by plane due to the carbon footprint of air travel, meaning she now has four weeks to hitch a lift across the Atlantic Ocean to Madrid.

"It turns out I've traveled half around the world, the wrong waySmile" Thunberg tweeted.

"Now I need to find a way to cross the Atlantic in November... If anyone could help me find transport I would be so grateful."

Spain's environment minister, Teresa Ribera, has offered to step in. "You've made a long journey and help all of us to raise concern, open minds and enhance action," she tweeted.

"We would love to help you to cross the Atlantic back. Willing to get in contact to make it possible."

The young activist captured the world's attention in August 2018 when she skipped school and stood outside the Swedish Parliament to demand a stronger response to climate change.

She has since become a youth leader advocating for environmental policies all over the world. In September, she delivered an impassioned rebuke to world leaders at the UN Climate Action Summit.

Earlier this week, Thunberg said she was awarded the Nordic Council's 2019 Environmental Award. The teen climate activist declined the price, declaring that the climate movement "does not need any more awards," but it needs politicians and people to listen.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Sweden have truancy laws or something? Shouldn't this finger-wagging twit be in school?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Leonardo DiCaprio didn't even graduate high school. I see no reason to listen to someone who has lived in the Hollywood echo chamber since they were a child. He was born in Hollywood. Leo seems to think that he actually possesses the qualities of all those characters he's portrayed, but it doesn't work that way.
No, Leo, your life has been nothing but dress-up play pretend. You have people who fawn over you because you have charisma, but just because everyone agrees with you, that doesn't mean that you're smart. Actually, if you think about it, it's quite the opposite, because no one dares to challenge your opinions, lest they be deprived of basking in your magnificent radiance. And all the other Hollywood people around you hold the same ignorant opinions. You don't know jack squat about the climate, dipshit.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, go on - you didn't actually think that Greta wanted to meet with Di Caprio to boost not just awareness but her credibility, did you? Oh, no. Ten'll get you one that Di Caprio's people reached out to her, and they'll write off the costs as marketing expenses.

Come to think of it, if Leonardo is really, really serious about pretending that he's serious, maybe he'll do something loony like spend the next two and a half months on a sailboat in the Atlantic. Call it three-four weeks to get Greta to Spain and another six weeks to get back to the US under nothing but sail power - all he'll have to do is buy a sailboat in Florida.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Greta and Leo are two peas in a mentally disabled pod

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hollywood = Sodom
San Francisco = Gomorrah

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Hey, Greta, you commie tool - why don't you just do what all your communist brothers-in-arms do when THEY want to make trans-oceanic trips:

Le Radeau de la Méduse

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post