SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Idiot coaches going for it on 4th down.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiot coaches going for it on 4th down. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
On the flip side, punting on 4th and 1 when you're up 31 points late in the 4th quarter with a 0% chance of losing the game. Wouldn't that be the opportune time to practice those plays for when you need them?

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That would be called poor sportsmanship and would come back to bite you in the future.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Poor judgement has taken over football. I do not remember until recent years these idiot coaches losing games when their teams play their butts off only to have the coach piss a potential win out the window. KS vs TX is the latest version.
Lanning at Oregon did it against UW. There are numerous other examples.
What happened to take the points. Just dumb.

But outcome was Great! Hook'em

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
How else you going to get a 5th down?

Be Colorado against Missouri? Is that too obscure a reference?

No. No it is not.

Bastards.

At least I got to go to the Citrus Bowl and later have Notre Dame let me down, again.

Go Jackets

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
How else you going to get a 5th down?

Be Colorado against Missouri? Is that too obscure a reference?

Nope. Immediately what I thought as well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
The Seahawks lost to the Bengals because of it.
I’m still shaking my head over that game.
And yeah the UW got a win over Oregon because of it and I’m a husky fan, but I couldn’t believe Oregon threw that one away.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an idea. Let's have the fans call the plays. I know people arguing about a penalty that was not called 60 years ago.

My issues have to do with more important stuff. Why does Caleb Williams paint his nails and jump into the stands sobbing to be consoled by his mother. That should get some Heisman points. LOL

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Remember that the coaches are "Human" and sometimes we as "armchair quarterbacks" get upset when things do not go our way....These events are just a "game" and "big boy sports"... And these sport games are no longer considered sports such as in the collage level but "Big Frigging Business". ........................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2029 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Football would be boring without fan controversy. What would we talk about? That is whiy I like football better than baseball.