SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember the couple that sank their boat in two days on their retirement trip?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the couple that sank their boat in two days on their retirement trip? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
Well, they are back in the news...

http://www.foxnews.com/great-o...lboat-in-2-days.html

A Gentleman sold them his , seldom used sailboat for a dollar.

Wonder how this is going to end?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
It's like he handed two chimps a loaded gun Eek

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23260 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Hmmmm, my guess...with this guy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
To think of who or whom he could have given that value to. I would have sold it and found a children’s hospital with bald children. Instead of donating to leukemia or something hardcore that needs the charitable giving, nah, let’s just hand the title to the people who least deserve it. He’s an enabler. Sad to read.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
This one should get them out far enough to drown.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

That’s the laugh I needed today. Blunt as fuck. ROTFLMAO.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I doubt we've seen the final chapter on this saga quite yet.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
If they were smart (BWAHAHAHAHA) they'd find a nice marina and park it and live there.

Fat fukkin chance of THAT!

Future Darwin winners.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Some people never learn. Instead of taking lessons or getting experience, the story says they plan to set sail next week. Idiots.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should rename it the SS Darwin, or SS Future Coral Reef

These aren't just any idiots, they are fucking idiots. You just handed a chimp a gun for $1, sir. Hope you can still sleep at night when they are fish shit

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
This is a well educated man and, presumably, a respected member of his community. Have we considered that perhaps he’s trying to take them out of the gene pool for the good of humanity before they can reproduce? Can’t exactly say that to the press, you know?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

That’s the laugh I needed today. Blunt as fuck. ROTFLMAO.

X2! I'm dyin' over here. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
This is a well educated man and, presumably, a respected member of his community. Have we considered that perhaps he’s trying to take them out of the gene pool for the good of humanity before they can reproduce? Can’t exactly say that to the press, you know?

-Rob

It would be like giving a handle of Everclear and fistful of muscle relaxers to your favorite street corner clown.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smart move since it costs more than $1 to dispose of a sailboat.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hopefully, their dog will hide on land before they sail.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Has anyone read the comments below the article yet? The first one got a laugh out of me in spite of myself.
Geez. Stupidity compounded. And no, I’m betting they won’t return a dime to the go fund me people. Unreal. I’m doing this whole life thing all wrong.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
SS Minnow

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Haha, he passed passed it off to the bottom of the sea.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Maybe they should rename it the SS Darwin, or SS Future Coral Reef

These aren't just any idiots, they are fucking idiots. You just handed a chimp a gun for $1, sir. Hope you can still sleep at night when they are fish shit
I wonder if the retired doctor has thought this through. Suppose they do sail it and kill themselves. Their relatives could easily bring a lawsuit against him. It would be hard to argue that no one could possibly have foreseen the tragic outcome of giving these two another boat.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post