SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ralph Peters has lost my respect
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Peters has lost my respect Login/Join 
posted
This morning on Fox Ralph Peters called for a ban on AR-15s. I was disappointed that he gave so much disinformation during the interview. I expect that out of Rivera but thought Peters had more honor. And the thing is Peters should know the truth.

Having said all that I did enjoy him calling Obama a pussy.

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
He started spouting this nonsense right after the tragedy in Parkland. It is impossible to understand how a Lt Colonel does not know the difference between automatic and semi-automatic weapons.
I used to respect him also, but that has grown dim.

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is the same idiot that said we don't need weapons designed for mass killing and that he had guns but he won't own one specially made for killing humans. Dear lord, I know people are stupid but how low are we gonna have to go over this?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3544 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I served in the military and I own weapons, hell I've got a tomahawk a crossbow and a 'military style' Winchester that my great grand pa bought to take his family from Lumpkin
Georgia to Missouri for a better life. (I can only imagine what he thought he needed it for with two little girls and a pregnant wife in that wagon, he must have hated children.) I own weapons identical to what I carried in Viet Nam in every respect. I've got rifles modeled after every war since the Boers stood up to the
English (my God in heaven what were they thinking that they could take on a regular army).

I own a cache, a stash, an armory, a weapons depot according to the definition of some benighted souls and, wait for it, I own an assault weapon, one of those evil black ones that nobody needs, it's the only gun I have to tie down at night so someone doesn't get hurt, but I'm still going to keep it.

Ralph Peters. as has to be said so many times these days, thank you for your service now get the fuck out.

Posts: 6403 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Mine too. Frown
Watching that just made me donate to the NRA-ILA.
We have to stop the madness.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
He is an asswipe on my opinion
They keep bringing him on fox.
Nothing new for him and some crap for a decade.
Was in the obumer camp long ago.

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is this Ralph Peters and what is he a Lt. Col. in?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Frown Dangit! One of the best historical fiction authors of the Civil War. On a par with Michael Sharra and better than Jeff Shaara. I love his writing, very sad to see that he's fallen for this leftist nonsense.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=n...eywords=ralph+peters

Here's his military experience:
quote:
Peters enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1976, after attending, but not graduating from, Pennsylvania State University.[3]

Peters' first assignment was in Germany. After returning from Germany, he attended Officer Candidate School and received a commission in 1980.[4][5] Subsequently, he served with 1st Battalion, 46th Infantry Regiment, then part of the 1st Armored Division.[6]

Peters spent ten years in Germany working in military intelligence. He later became a Foreign Area Officer, specializing in the Soviet Union. He attended the Command and General Staff College. His last assignment was to the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence. He retired in 1998 as a lieutenant colonel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Peters

<I don't do any cable news, so I didn't know he's been a pundit on Fox News>

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What - you don't think we have leftist liberals in leadership roles within our military?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Amazing how people are swayed so easily without doing their own research. Tells me they were never that smart in the first place nor should they have been respected previously.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8380 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
+1 Pal, very sad

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I cannot say that I have lost respect for this twit (or is that twat?)

I have seen him several times on Fox and he has never failed me. Disgusts me every time I see him.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
His last assignment was to the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence.

What was his role??

Did he stand in the corner to be pointed at when the Boss said,
"We are the Intelligence experts, don't be like him!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I saw this and was so disappointed in Ralph Peters.

That said, earlier today on MSNBC, they interviewed a Superintendent from Central Florida. I expected this guy to say exactly what they wanted and what we have come to expect from MSNBC. Much to my surprise, this guy juked right. When asked about guns in schools, he said it would not just be teachers with a conceal permit. There would be 140 hours of training and extensive background checks. He stated he has Grandchildren in the schools and is not opposed to arming Teachers or other school employees.

The Host did not know what to say, it was beautiful.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC Gen. Wesley Clark, among many others, has espoused the same positions...ban "assault" weapons, hold gun manufacturers accountable, join the army if you like to shoot guns, etc. These attitudes seem to be fairly common among our military brass lately. As these positions become more pervasive in the military, I have to wonder how they might belie the common belief that our military would never turn against the American citizens if ordered to, like in a massive gun seizure operation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Peters has been bending further left for some time. If you listen to him for very long his AR15 comments won’t sound so much out of character for him.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never cared for that guy,even less now.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Well, he’s no David Hackworth, that is for sure.

Would he recognize an M-16, if poked in the ass by the M-7 on the front end?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I saw that SOB on Fox this morning running his head. He's nuts

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add Ben Stein to the list. He may have already been against ARs, I’ve never heard his position before. He said they are no good for self defense in the Home anyway. He’s probably in the Joe Biden camp on choice of self defense weapons.

Either way he is a turd.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post