SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ralph Peters has lost my respect
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Peters has lost my respect Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Add Ben Stein ... He said they are no good for self defense in the Home anyway...

Roll Eyes

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have no idea of the actual numbers or if they make up the majority, but I believe there are a substantial number of current and former military officers who don't even like their own troops having guns on their own time, let alone civilians. Remember Wesley Clark in the 1990s? He liked to say if you wanted an AR, join the military and they'd issue you one.

Posts: 28642 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard Peters a coupe of days ago on Fox. He said the 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything about a right to keep and bear guns, just "arms".

It left me wondering if he interpreted the 2nd amendment to mean that we were guaranteed that the government could not amputate the arms from our bodies. Like the Black Knight in a Monty Python movie.....it's only a scratch....

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Does this qualify him for Blue Falcon status?

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ralph Peters

This tool is a staff puke who write fiction books.

I give absolutely zero fucks about his opinion about firearms or choice of the feminine products he uses.

Zero.

Fucks.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
I never cared for that guy,even less now.

^^^This^^^

Saw the interview, wondered why they gave him a mic.

Posts: 372 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Ralph Peters

This tool is a staff puke who write fiction books.

I give absolutely zero fucks about his opinion about firearms or choice of the feminine products he uses.

Zero.

Fucks.

Reading his biosketch, I get the impression he’s never even HEARD a shot fired in anger.

Posts: 13557 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Add Ben Stein ... He said they are no good for self defense in the Home anyway...

Roll Eyes

This is such a shallow lie I can't stand to have it just drop and stay there. The arguments for the AR as a personal defense arm are long and arduous but my favorite is:

If my world turns to crap and I call the cops, when they arrive and it is still in time to keep me vertical, what did they bring to the rescue? A semi-auto pistol with a twelve or more stack and an AR, the very same arms that you tell me are not suitable to defend myself with but you as a taxpayer pay to provide a third party to defend me with those same tools.

I can't even.

Posts: 6500 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.fd99332017ce

Fox News commentator exits with a searing attack on Fox News

By Paul Farhi
March 20 at 7:56 PM

Commentator and author Ralph Peters isn’t just closing the door on his career at Fox News Channel. He’s slamming it right off the hinges.

In a blistering goodbye email, Peters, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who commented on military affairs, called Fox “a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.” He described President Trump as being “terrified” of Russian president Vladi­mir Putin.

“Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer,” wrote Peters on Tuesday to his Fox colleagues, in an email first obtained by BuzzFeed News. “That oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox is assaulting our constitutional order and rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.”

He added: “When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest attacks on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

In an interview, Peters, 65, who lives in Warrenton, Va., said he never intended his email to become public and that he wasn’t trying to “grandstand” about his differences with the network, which he joined as a contributor in 2008. But he offered no apologies.

Instead, he said he wrote the email because Fox’s hosts — whom he did not single out by name — are “hurting the country.”

“It’s not complicated,” he said. “It’s not. It may sound corny to say I took an oath as an officer, but it’s true. I just feel for their selfish reasons, they’re doing damage to the country.”

In a statement in reply to Peters, Fox said, “Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he’s choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention. We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programing.”

To which Peters replied: “If I’m seeking attention why the [expletive] did I just quit Fox and the chance to speak to millions every day?”

Peters appeared frequently on both Fox News and its sister channel, Fox Business Network, over the past decade to discuss military topics and foreign affairs, including U.S.-Russia relations. He estimates that he averaged more than 200 appearances a year during the past five years.

During that time, he said, Fox’s producers never instructed him what to say. But in the past year, as questions arose about potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, he said Fox wouldn’t let him engage on the topic, in which he holds considerable expertise as a former intelligence officer.

In recent months, Peters said he “edged” toward criticizing Trump on the air, but “as a matter of courtesy,” he didn’t let loose. “If you’re taking the king’s shilling, you do the king’s service,” he said. “You don’t embarrass the host on the air. I just couldn’t do it anymore.”

By contrast, Peters was frequently blunt in his comments about the Obama administration’s relations with Russia. In 2014, he said that President Obama got “date raped” in his efforts to negotiate with Putin. On Bill O’Reilly’s program in late 2015, Peters called Obama’s Syria strategy “inept, ineffective and cowardly,” and described Obama as a “terrified little man in a great big job he can’t do.”

He apparently went too far a few weeks later on Fox Business Network when he called Obama “a total pussy ” for his administration’s counterterrorism policies, earning a two-week suspension. Peters apologized for his language but not the criticism, saying “my choice of words was incorrect, but my sentiment, I think, is shared by many.”

Peters retired from the Army as a lieutenant colonel in 1998 after serving for 22 years. He had enlisted after graduating from Penn State in 1976. He served in infantry and military intelligence units in Southeast and Central Asia, Russia, Burma and Pakistan. He was also assigned to the Pentagon and the executive office of the president.

Peters has written 32 fiction and nonfiction books and hundreds of columns for such newspapers as the New York Post, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. He uses the pen name Owen Parry for his spy thrillers.

Posts: 16002 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What a miserable POS.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30880 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Hey, he lives right down the road

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
He’ll be on CNN running his fat yap in about 4 days, I’m sure.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 34515 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Good riddance to this idiot. I could never stand his whining when he was on.

The truth be told, I'd bet this has more to do with him losing all credibility with Fox viewers over his stance on the AR-15.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
In an interview, Peters, 65, who lives in Warrenton, Va., said he never intended his email to become public and that he wasn’t trying to “grandstand” about his differences with the network, which he joined as a contributor in 2008. But he offered no apologies.

Wrong. I've watched him enough to know that he can be a drama queen. Enough so that it often distracts from whatever his message is.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
bye Felecia

Posts: 6500 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Fox News just got better

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53775 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Fox had significantly cut back on his usage and I suspect they were not going to renew his contract so his next steps were predictable. Who would you rather look at? Ralph or Stacey Dash? Wink

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
He seldom appeared on Fox lately for good reason. Even though he bad mouthed Obama, I fully expect to see him on MSNBC or CNN.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vsp39o2
posted Hide Post
And what better way to increase his own apparent relevance and keep his mug attractive to CNN and or MSNBC than to take a runny dump on his former network...

It's for the money, make no mistake. Just so happens he probably believes in what he says, not that THAT matters.

------------------------------
The pool's in,
but the patio ain't dry.

Posts: 1814 | Location: greater metro Tar Bay | Registered: March 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Betcha this piece of shit is the type who stabbed folks in the back to advance his military career. Fucking asshole. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27495 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post