SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another K9 down Virginia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another K9 down Virginia Login/Join 
posted
https://www.roanoke.com/news/c...6e-fc4bbca72b1a.html

A police pursuit that began on Interstate 95 in Sussex County ended Wednesday with a shootout and the death of a suspect and a Virginia State Police canine.

Authorities have not positively identified the suspect who was killed, but police in Connecticut believe he might be a man who is wanted in the shootings of two women in New Haven. One of the women was fatally shot in front of her two young children.

Wednesday’s police chase began about 8:20 a.m. after a Virginia state trooper traveling north on I-95 in Sussex, north of Emporia, spotted a car that had been reported stolen from Connecticut, said Corinne Geller, a state police spokeswoman.

The trooper activated his lights and siren to stop the car, but its driver refused to pull over and sped away, Geller said.

A pursuit began north on I-95 and someone in the fleeing car started shooting at the trooper’s vehicle, Geller said. Sporadic gunfire continued to come from the car as it took Exit 24 in Sussex.

As the stolen car approached the intersection of Loco School Road and Bell Road, east of the interstate, the state police “positioned themselves to stop the stolen vehicle,” Geller said.

Someone continued firing at the state police and one of the bullets pierced a K-9 trooper’s back passenger window and struck a state police dog that was riding in a back-seat compartment.

The gunfire fatally wounded Vader, a 2-year-old Belgian Malinois trained to detect narcotics.

Once the stolen car was stopped, Geller said, “state troopers engaged with the suspect and shots were fired.”

State police said that the driver of the stolen car died at the scene, but they did not answer the question of whether he died from police gunfire.

The authorities said his body will be taken to the state medical examiner’s office in Richmond for examination and autopsy.

Authorities said a woman who was a passenger in the stolen car was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries, but they did not say what type of injuries they were.

The woman, who was not identified, was treated at the hospital and released.

No troopers were injured.

Geller said that three state troopers have been placed on administrative leave, which is routine procedure for officer-involved shootings.

In a news release, police in New Haven, Conn., said that the suspect killed in the shootout with Virginia State Police might be Tramaine Marquese Poole, 42, of New Haven. Detectives from the New Haven Police Department were en route to Virginia on Wednesday as part of their manhunt for Poole.

Authorities in New Haven said Poole is suspected in the shooting of his 36-year-old wife, who called police on May 7 while she was being driven to a hospital and said her husband had shot her. She survived.

Poole also is under suspicion in the death of a 28-year-old woman who was found on May 31 after she had been shot in her car in a New Haven intersection.

The victim’s children, ages 6 and 11, also were in the car when the shooting unfolded.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
This showed up on my facebook feed via the PWCPD page.

At least the scumbag got what he deserved

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
RIP Vader.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Frown

happening a lot lately

RIP Vader - good dog

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
K-9 Vader EOW Meet Hemi, Hero like you. You guys go play and romp around and enjoy your selves in Hero Heaven. You guy deserve your fun and rest.

Damn, my allergies are making my eyes tear.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. Poor dogs.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Glad the perp croaked, the worthless piece of trash. Good riddance.

RIP Vader.

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Dammit. Frown

Such a beautiful, young animal.

Rip Boy.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
A Police Dogs Prayer

Author - Unknown

Oh almighty God,
whose great power and eternal
wisdom embraces the universe,
watch over my handler while I sleep.
Protect my handler from harm
while I am unable to do so.

I pray, help keep our streets and homes
safe while my handler and I rest.
I ask for your loving care because
my handler's duty is dangerous.
Grant my handler your unending strength
and courage in our daily assignments.

Dear God,
protect my brave handler,
grant your almighty protection,
unite my handler safely with the family
after the tour of duty has ended.

I ask nothing for myself.
Amen.

EOW and RIP Vader. Don't worry, you, Hemi, and all other Police K9s and Military Working Dog are in God's Grace for some guardian angels have fur instead of wings.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Looking dog.
A sad way to go.
RIP Vader.

I wish he could have went down fighting and not in the back seat.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
As I stated in my post about Hemi's death, I hope that no good, shitbag piece of humanity experienced excruciating pain before his final demise.

RIP Vader... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
As a Mal owner, this makes me fucking sick. A 2 year old in a k9 role is a very smart dog. Maturation in size is just 18 months so Vader was Donny Whizkid. I hope “Tramaine” is rotting in hell. I need to quit reading these threads as it is hard to read. I hope VSP buries Vader with full honors as an officer.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Good Looking dog.
A sad way to go.
RIP Vader.

I wish he could have went down fighting and not in the back seat.

I look at it this way: the way bullets can ricochet inside of a vehicle, the dog may have taken a bullet that would have hit his handler.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
One has a face full of hate that you would find hard to resist from punching.

The other has a face that is full of love and trust that you would find hard to resist from kissing.

Good dog!

tac

Posts: 11329 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post