SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I joined the NRA today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I joined the NRA today. Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thank you for supporting a great organization.

Posts: 22954 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I are both Life members, actually I have one higher than just Life, not sure what it is called. See below for that info.

Congrats on joining. I realize they beg for money, like a druggy.
I send some extra every once in a while.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. We have to hang together in the face of this hysteria.

Posts: 1978 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From one Yooper to another.. Way to go, eh!!
Don't live there now, but I was born in Iron Mountain. Waah..

Lifetime member, here!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hawgster,

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I did on the 14th, I don’t know what else to do since I live in Wa state. Sent emails and get the same canned responses from my democratic elected officals. I am finding it ironic that planned parenthood is sponsoring a march for lives. Just not the lives of the unborn. Really can’t make this up, I feel really bad for the country; I am leaving my boys. God help us.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a lifetime member. I signed my wife up a few days ago. Gifting a friend or family member is a great way to donate.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Another Yooper NRA member here. Thanks YooperSigs.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I purchased the life membership the first time. I have since upgraded continuously until I have now reached the Benefactor - Life status. The next step is the "Ring of Freedom," but I don't think I'm going there.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
I am a lifetime member. I signed my wife up a few days ago. Gifting a friend or family member is a great way to donate.

Same here, have done so for my son.
They need people to boost the membership numbers, which helps politically, moreso than just money.
Thanks YooperSigs.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! Been a Life member since 1991. Signing my wife up tomorrow. (3/24/18) And using my Citibank card, just to piss them off Big Grin

Posts: 1363 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have been an NRA member in the past, but let my membership lapse, mainly because I got tired of the constant pleas for money and lots of spam like email.
So.... Today I joined again. I feel NRA is the only truly effective group protecting our rights.
And if I was deplorable before, I am really deplorable now. Feels pretty good.

I'm glad gun owners are finally stepping up to the plate again by joining/rejoining the NRA. All gun owners need to support them. If you do not like being asked to donate more often, you can always opt out of the phone calls, mailings, or emails. You can opt out to it online, or call them up in person and tell them so.

The NRA never stopped fighting for you when you did not belong/support them. They continued the battle for your rights anyway, the same battle they fight everyday in Washington D.C., and in states all across our country.

That is why they are the strongest, most effective, and largest gun rights lobby in America. Make no mistake about it, when you constantly keep hearing gun control proponents specifically naming the NRA as their "enemy", you know who they fear the most.

Posts: 13683 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
As Warhorse stated...The NRA is the only Organization the Anti's and the Demo's truly FEAR.

I'm still waiting for the NRA to release HOW MANY new members since the anti NRA rhetoric and OUR support started.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Been a NRA Life member for 20yrs now. One of the best organizations that I belong to. NRA has recently became wishywashy on our gun rights so I became a life member of the Gun Owners of America (GOA). GOA seems to have more on the ball with "No compromise" than the NRA.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freedom is the
oxygen of the soul
Picture of 10P8TRIOT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
NRA has recently became wishywashy on our gun rights ...
That can be remedied by putting true patriots on the board. Voting members, make sure you do your research and mail in your ballet if you haven't. The ballet must be received by April 15.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1086 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: December 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have been an NRA member in the past, but let my membership lapse, mainly because I got tired of the constant pleas for money and lots of spam like email.
So.... Today I joined again. I feel NRA is the only truly effective group protecting our rights.
And if I was deplorable before, I am really deplorable now. Feels pretty good.

I've seen where many folks will complain about how the NRA is always asking for money. I kinda chuckle at this. It is no different than other organizations such as St. Jude's Childrens Fund, the Salvation Army, among others.

Has anyone noticed that they even pass the offering plate at most churches of all things! Smile

CW

Posts: 3204 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10P8TRIOT:
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
NRA has recently became wishywashy on our gun rights ...
That can be remedied by putting true patriots on the board. Voting members, make sure you do your research and mail in your ballet if you haven't. The ballet must be received by April 15.

Yep, got that covered. Sent my ballot out a month ago.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post