SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I joined the NRA today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I joined the NRA today. Login/Join 
posted
I have been an NRA member in the past, but let my membership lapse, mainly because I got tired of the constant pleas for money and lots of spam like email.
So.... Today I joined again. I feel NRA is the only truly effective group protecting our rights.
And if I was deplorable before, I am really deplorable now. Feels pretty good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I joined as a lifetime member a couple weeks back.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Good to hear! If you plan to continue to be a member you should look into being a life member. Every once in a while there are specials to be a life member for $300. Another option is to do the easy pay life program where you pay the full $1,000 but it is broken up into $50 payments. I did the easy pay as I wanted to give the full $1,000 but couldn’t afford to do it all at once. I forget how often the $50 payments were.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8674 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Congratz for joining and lending support to the most effective outfit for advocating our rights. No, I don't agree with them all the time but strongly feel we're better off because of them.

There are numerous threads with info on how to stop most of the calls and mail if it offends you like it does me. Just call them.
Money bomb thread.
Mail Emails calls

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2020 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have been an NRA member in the past, but let my membership lapse, mainly because I got tired of the constant pleas for money and lots of spam like email.
So.... Today I joined again. I feel NRA is the only truly effective group protecting our rights.
And if I was deplorable before, I am really deplorable now. Feels pretty good.

me 2

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Good for you. I did the lifetime membership earlier this month.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I both joined last week. It was her idea too. Smile

Ken

Posts: 1051 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Use your Citi card as per other thread!!! Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4339 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
WRT the discounts vs. full price vs. full price/easy pay, if you go the discount route, nothing stops you from voluntarily contributing additional funds at any time of your choosing.

I would encourage all gun owners, and those who might want to own a gun in the future to join the NRA as a life member, and upgrade their membership level each time they get a discounted opportunity to do so.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: architect,

Posts: 6517 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
This time around, I upgraded to Endowment Life. And they offered the Easy-Pay plan for that as well.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The NRA was the first lifetime membership I've ever bought. That was in 1999.

I've bought two other lifetime memberships to other groups since.

At the time, the money wasn't insignificant but I got the wife's approval as she thought it was a good thing also.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19721 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I did the 5 year membership thru Hickok45 site. 'Bout all I could afford but wanted to help make a difference.

(Sounds as if YouTube may be kicking him & other gun-oriented folks off if they "advertise" gun related sellers, such as Bud's, on their channels.)

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went life five or six years ago. Where on the NRA www site do they explain how to go beyond that level?

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Glad you have decided to rejoin.

I understand the NRA is not everyone's cup of tea, but I feel it works for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good thanks for doing your part nationally. Now go and join your state organization too.

In Texas we have the TSRA at 37K strong.
Which is much lower than it should be here in Texas. But you get the point!

HK Ag

Posts: 3507 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Silent

Posts: 1031 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thanks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53242 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! And, thanks.

Life Member here. I am going to make a donation to the NRAILA, and one to VCDL PAC, on Saturday.

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Me too. Got my membership card yesterday.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1731 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post