SIGforum
Who Here on the West Coast Celebrate the East Coast New Year's (that is...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9120055154

December 31, 2018, 01:48 PM
LS1 GTO
Who Here on the West Coast Celebrate the East Coast New Year's (that is...
And you're comfortably in bed by 0015 east coast time? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

December 31, 2018, 01:54 PM
Georgeair
I'm comfortably in bed by that time in Greenland.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

December 31, 2018, 01:54 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

I enjoy Fox News channels coverage from Times Square, all the while wondering why anyone would want to be in that crowd.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
December 31, 2018, 02:00 PM
zoom6zoom
You've got the best of both... celebrate New Years, and still get to bed early.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
December 31, 2018, 06:18 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

I enjoy Fox News channels coverage from Times Square, all the while wondering why anyone would want to be in that crowd.

Jim

I was there in '88 and had a great time. Of course, I was just a kid then and those are the kind of things kids do for fun.

Nowadays? Not a chance you'd find me within 500 miles of that place.

December 31, 2018, 06:22 PM
2BobTanner
Just listened to Big Ben chime in the New Year in London on BBC-World Service (via Internet). Kinda traditional with me as I used to listen on my shortwave radio when I was a kid. Will watch/record New Years Day in Vienna performance on PBS tomorrow too. Yup, “Mister Excitement” is me. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken
December 31, 2018, 08:36 PM
1967Goat
I am in the mountain time zone and that's my plan!
December 31, 2018, 08:47 PM
scratchy
I'm just down the hill from 1967Goat and that's my plan too.

January 01, 2019, 01:00 AM
flashguy
Well, I did briefly check in on NYC but just missed the Ball Drop by a couple of seconds. Didn't stay there long. I'm watching the Mythbusters Merrython. I did step outside for 10 minutes around local midnight to listen to the celebratory firecrackers (and gunfire), and after I came inside I was startled by my next door neighbors firing of some very loud guns. I didn't go outside, and I won't make an issue of it. (Actually, I love the sound, but don't like the possibility of someone down the way being injured.) Many years ago I used to fire off a few smokeless blanks in my guns, but we had resident cops on the street back then and they knew I was not threatening anyone--I did it in one's yard. Nowadays, things are so uptight I don't do even that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 01, 2019, 02:06 AM
sjtill
What the Fox?
Fox News is re-showing their NY show An hour off—it’s midnight in SD, Fox says it’s 11.

January 01, 2019, 03:11 AM
Kasinefect
Even though we are in the Central Time zone, my wife likes to watch the 1 hour reply of the ball dropping in Times Square. We channel surfed for a bit and wound up watching Anderson Cooper and some other guy rambling on about celebrities,(I saw a news item that said he had been doing shots all night which gave me TWO reasons not to care.)
It is now 2019 here where I live and I consider that more important than what they did in NYC an hour earlier.
January 01, 2019, 04:39 AM
soggy_spinout
I would've...well, maybe...but we wound up watching Kung Fu Panda 3 on DVR and (oh, my...wouldya lookey at the time) missed it. Like I honestly relish the idea of watching anything NYC. Um, no.