SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Here on the West Coast Celebrate the East Coast New Year's (that is...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Here on the West Coast Celebrate the East Coast New Year's (that is... Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
And you're comfortably in bed by 0015 east coast time? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm comfortably in bed by that time in Greenland.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12445 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

I enjoy Fox News channels coverage from Times Square, all the while wondering why anyone would want to be in that crowd.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
You've got the best of both... celebrate New Years, and still get to bed early.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

I enjoy Fox News channels coverage from Times Square, all the while wondering why anyone would want to be in that crowd.

Jim

I was there in '88 and had a great time. Of course, I was just a kid then and those are the kind of things kids do for fun.

Nowadays? Not a chance you'd find me within 500 miles of that place.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Just listened to Big Ben chime in the New Year in London on BBC-World Service (via Internet). Kinda traditional with me as I used to listen on my shortwave radio when I was a kid. Will watch/record New Years Day in Vienna performance on PBS tomorrow too. Yup, “Mister Excitement” is me. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2708 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I am in the mountain time zone and that's my plan!

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I'm just down the hill from 1967Goat and that's my plan too.

Posts: 4025 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I did briefly check in on NYC but just missed the Ball Drop by a couple of seconds. Didn't stay there long. I'm watching the Mythbusters Merrython. I did step outside for 10 minutes around local midnight to listen to the celebratory firecrackers (and gunfire), and after I came inside I was startled by my next door neighbors firing of some very loud guns. I didn't go outside, and I won't make an issue of it. (Actually, I love the sound, but don't like the possibility of someone down the way being injured.) Many years ago I used to fire off a few smokeless blanks in my guns, but we had resident cops on the street back then and they knew I was not threatening anyone--I did it in one's yard. Nowadays, things are so uptight I don't do even that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
What the Fox?
Fox News is re-showing their NY show An hour off—it’s midnight in SD, Fox says it’s 11.

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though we are in the Central Time zone, my wife likes to watch the 1 hour reply of the ball dropping in Times Square. We channel surfed for a bit and wound up watching Anderson Cooper and some other guy rambling on about celebrities,(I saw a news item that said he had been doing shots all night which gave me TWO reasons not to care.)
It is now 2019 here where I live and I consider that more important than what they did in NYC an hour earlier.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I would've...well, maybe...but we wound up watching Kung Fu Panda 3 on DVR and (oh, my...wouldya lookey at the time) missed it. Like I honestly relish the idea of watching anything NYC. Um, no.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post