SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like Mrs. 911Boss is getting a new husband, one part at a time…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Mrs. 911Boss is getting a new husband, one part at a time… Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
So for those who didn’t see my neck thread, I had two herniated discs replaced last month.

A couple weeks ago I saw the ortho folks for the worsening arthritis in my knee. They set me up for a surgery consult and I just got home from meeting with him. His recommendation is full knee replacement due to bone on bone arthritis in patellofemoral compartment. Additionally I have a few bone spurs on the femur.

Starting the process now for insurance pre-approval and scheduling, hoping to be able to get in early May.

On the plus side, since my neck surgery fulfilled my out of packet max for the year this one will be “free”.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
So when all the parts are replaced, are you still 911Boss? 911Boss of Theseus conundrum...

Seriously though, I wish you all the good health and successful replacements of the parts. I'm getting to the age where that option is starting to be a viable option.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
If you get too many parts replaced ... you will be looking like RoboCop. Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Looking good 911Boss!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
If you get too many parts replaced ... you will be looking like RoboCop. Smile

Recent pic…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had both both knees replaced in last 3 months.
Right in November 2022 and left in February 2023. Life changer for sure - I am 3 weeks out on left knee and doing PT now. I can climb stairs w/o pain for the first time in 5 years. You won't be sorry you did it

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Have had multiple surgeries from an active life. Only tough one was my total knee replacement. A lymph swollen leg for months. Did PT as ordered and used an ice machine that helped a lot. Took a full year to get over the surgery but had a good result where I could backpack in the Rockies or zip up a coastal sand dune. Best wishes for a successful surgery when the time comes.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post