SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please get out and vote today!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please get out and vote today! Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:

Thanks for proving my point. You're fine with the government interfering with a deeply personal decision as long as you agree with the outcome. Call it what you want, but it isn't "small government". Maybe just concede that you want the world the way you want it and leave it at that.

Deeply personal decisions? Like killing another person? Do you seriously believe that the government has no business in interfering with that? Wtf?

Yes, I concede. I believe that the government should stop the killing of 9 month old babies. What kind of sick asshole doesn't?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:

Thanks for proving my point. You're fine with the government interfering with a deeply personal decision as long as you agree with the outcome. Call it what you want, but it isn't "small government". Maybe just concede that you want the world the way you want it and leave it at that.

Deeply personal decisions? Like killing another person? Do you seriously believe that the government has no business in interfering with that? Wtf?

Yes, I concede. I believe that the government should stop the killing of 9 month old babies. What kind of sick asshole doesn't?

Read the statute language - abortion can be prohibited after fetal viability (fetus can survive on its own outside the womb (allowing for time with NICU intervention period)).

You actually think that they’re talking about aborting a child after delivery? Let me guess, they’re going to club it to death with a medical hammer? How about tossing it into a blender or microwave in the hospital break room?

No one in their right mind is talking about murdering infants as a result of this amendment!

This whole thing is blowback from the legislature overreaching and limiting personal medical autonomy. The current law (which has been blocked by the courts in being active) doesn’t allow for abortion after 6 weeks. It is very possible to not even be aware that your pregnant by 6 weeks - never mind the additional time actually have any medical appointments to verify the pregnancy and identify if there are any issues with the fetus.

If there are problems discovered after 6 weeks or the mother’s life is at risk - too bad. The fetus dies in the womb and needs to be removed, too bad. Dealing with miscarriages are even problematic under the existing law.

All of this is the business of the pregnant woman (& partner) and her doctor - everyone else should be reminded to mind their own business and not to try and push their worldview on others when they don’t know all of the circumstances.

Posts: 252 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read the statute language - abortion can be prohibited after fetal viability (fetus can survive on its own outside the womb

Any abortion provider can drive a truck through these 'exceptions'. 'Viability' is up to the doctor... who also happens to be the abortionist? Viability also doesn't matter if the baby would be bad for her health, including mental health?

This can and will be used to provide abortion at any stage of pregnancy.

Grant a pregnant woman's treating physician the authority to determine, on a case-by-case basis, whether an unborn child is viable;

Only allow the State to prohibit an abortion after an unborn child is determined by a pregnant woman's treating physician to be viable and only if the physician does not consider the abortion necessary to protect the pregnant woman's life or health; and

Always allow an unborn child to be aborted at any stage of pregnancy, regardless of viability if, in the treating physician's determination, the abortion is necessary to protect the pregnant woman's life or health.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24181 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My body, my choice! Uh...except when it's a vaccine.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Voted after work. More than a dozen proposed Constitutional amendments and 4 local bonds. Zero candidates to vote for.
Kind of surprised that 13 of 14 Constitutional amendments passed as I had only seen merit in 2 of them. The only one that failed was increasing judges mandatory retirement from 75 to 79.

3 of 4 local school bond measures passed. I was 1 for 2 on the ones I wanted stopped. Bond 4 was largely putting taxpayers on the hook for schools entertaining people's children (ie extracurricular) so I'm glad the majority agreed with me on blocking it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyanide357:

Read the statute language - abortion can be prohibited after fetal viability (fetus can survive on its own outside the womb (allowing for time with NICU intervention period)).

You actually think that they’re talking about aborting a child after delivery? Let me guess, they’re going to club it to death with a medical hammer? How about tossing it into a blender or microwave in the hospital break room?

Once again, you need to get a clue. Don't just read the statute language; understand its meaning. Babies will be aborted long aftwr viability as a result of this amendment.

And I never mentioned after delivery. What are you talking about? And your language is frankly disgusting.

quote:
No one in their right mind is talking about murdering infants as a result of this amendment!

That's precisely what this amendment does. It enshrines in the Ohio constitution the right to kill babies at any stage of pregnancy. ANY. STAGE.

Shameful.

quote:
The current law (which has been blocked by the courts in being active) doesn’t allow for abortion after 6 weeks. It is very possible to not even be aware that your pregnant by 6 weeks - never mind the additional time actually have any medical appointments to verify the pregnancy and identify if there are any issues with the fetus .

If there are problems discovered after 6 weeks or the mother’s life is at risk - too bad. The fetus dies in the womb and needs to be removed, too bad. Dealing with miscarriages are even problematic under the existing law.

It is never necessary to kill the baby in the womb in order to save the mother's life. It may be necessary to end the pregnancy, in which case the baby must be delivered early, and sadly in some of those cases the baby may die as a result. But it is never the case where the baby must be killed first or aborted unless that is the actual intent, which a huge majority of the time is actually is the case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Ultimately you have your opinion and I have mine. Ohio passed the amendment and it will be law in 30 days and won’t have any impact on anyone outside of Ohio.

Any abortion related activities are between the woman having the procedure and her doctor. Everyone else can keep their opinions and judgment quietly to themselves.

Posts: 252 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ultimately you have your opinion and I have mine. Ohio passed the amendment and it will be law in 30 days and won’t have any impact on anyone outside of Ohio.

Any abortion related activities are between the woman having the procedure and her doctor. Everyone else can keep their opinions and judgment quietly to themselves.
Oh, not at all oversimplified, but ok. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

How quaint.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Back to basic. Killing innocence is despicable. Nothing to do with big or small government.

quote:
Everyone else can keep their opinions and judgment quietly to themselves.

I apologize for voicing mine out loud. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26500 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Even if the votes are actually counted neither party gives a fuck about you.
They just keep everyone fighting over stupid made up issues that's evident by the bickering in this thread.
But by all means, continue doing the same thing and hoping for different results. I'm sure "your guy" will get in and fix everything as long as you all vote so hard this time.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Back to basic. Killing innocence is despicable. Nothing to do with big or small government.

quote:
Everyone else can keep their opinions and judgment quietly to themselves.

I apologize for voicing mine out loud. Roll Eyes

Don't apologize, fuck 'em if they can't deal with the plain fact that a certain segment of society is perfectly fine with killing human beings based on them simply for existing.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I've never seen so many Democratic talking points stated verbatim in this forum before.

Year V

Posts: 2635 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
In a word, astonishing!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8957 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I've never seen so many Democratic talking points stated verbatim in this forum before.

Yeah... the sad fact is that if we are split on this forum, it demonstrates a split among Republicans.
Democrats, on the other hand, are 100% pro-abortion.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24181 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
Does anyone have a good explanation for why there are that many more votes cast in the Governor's race than the down ballot races?

What happened was two fold. There were several single focus voters that were mobilized by various PACs to ensure Cameron lost. On of the PACs was Breonna Taylor’s mother. She started a “get out to vote” drive against Cameron because he refused to violate Kentucky law and indict the police officers. They turned out single issue voters.

Other major problem was the number of Republicans that voted for Beshear. I heard people say they voted for him “because he is doing a great job”. When I brought up the blatant Constitutional violations, it was dismissed as conspiracy theories. I asked which part? Beshear sending the state police to shut down churches, or the current state police commissioner who is anti-gun and has signaled he was ok with confiscation. If he would violate the 1st, violating the 2nd is pretty easy.

All I got was crickets.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's a lot of money involved in "abortion related activities"... which is part of why they could spend so much in Ohio:

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) – The campaign in favor of Issue 1 has handily outearned and outspent opponents of the abortion rights amendment, campaign finance filings show.

Ohioans United for Reproductive Rights raised more than $39.2 million this year through mid-October and spent $26.2 million, according to the campaign’s finance reports. More than $28.7 million came from cash donations since August.

The campaign against Issue 1, Protect Women Ohio, has raised nearly $27 million through mid-October and spent just under $24.3 million. More than $16.8 million has been donated to the campaign since the summer.

Where did the money come from?

Ohioans United for Reproductive Rights top donors:

$5.3 million from the Sixteen Thirty Fund
$3.5 million from the Open Society Policy Center, a progressive lobbying group connected to billionaire philanthropist George Soros
$2.2 million from The Fairness Project
$2.2 million from the ACLU
$1.5 million from Lynn Schusterman, an Oklahoma billionaire who leads the prominent Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
$1.5 million from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund

The campaign for the abortion rights amendment received most of its money from out-of-state, progressive 501(c)(4) organizations, including the DC-based Sixteen Thirty Fund and the New York-based Open Society Policy Center. But it received sizable donations from individuals as well.

New York billionaire Michael Bloomberg donated $1 million to Ohioans United for Reproductive Rights in September, as did Oklahoma billionaire Gwendolyn Sontheim. In early October, Abigail Wexner, the wife of New Albany billionaire Les Wexner, also donated $1 million, campaign finance filings show.

Other notable donations include $500,000 from Jay Pritzker, the governor of Illinois, and $300,000 from Planned Parenthood of Southwest Ohio. The campaign received smaller donations from various regional Planned Parenthoods and other reproductive rights organizations.

More than $10 million of the Issue 1 campaign’s donations were in-kind, nonmonetary contributions, the majority of which were from Ohioans for Reproductive Freedom, Ohio Physicians for Reproductive Rights, the ACLU of Ohio and other Ohio organizations that helped campaign for the amendment.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/you...g-ahead-of-election/

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Does anyone have a good explanation for why there are that many more votes cast in the Governor's race than the down ballot races?

What happened was two fold. There were several single focus voters that were mobilized by various PACs to ensure Cameron lost.

Other major problem was the number of Republicans that voted for Beshear.

If I recall correctly, KY ballots had an option to select a straight party line ticket, correct? Most of your Breonna Taylor single issue voters would be selecting a straight Dem ticket. And the second set of voters may have split in the Governor's race, but still probably voted Republican in down ballot races.

But that still doesn't really explain a close to 25k vote anomaly between the Governor's race and other statewide offices.

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
[

But that still doesn't really explain a close to 25k vote anomaly between the Governor's race and other statewide offices.

It makes sense if you don’t already have a conclusion drawn.

Two of the major PACs brought in a bunch of 25-35 year old black men and women to go door to door in the metro areas from out of state. The farther east away was Columbia SC that I am aware of. They messaged their pitch to get “aNdY” re-elected. Most would not have voted if they were instructed to straight ticket it. There is no personal emotion with instructing people to vote straight ticket, even if it means re-electing the target.

They knew 25k votes wouldn’t have mattered in the other races anyway. They kept their messaging simple, and it worked.

I think they were surprised that they won by that margin. But then again, with millions spent on commercials of “I’m Joe Shittheragman and I voted twice for Trump, but this year I’m voting for Andy” worked and they picked up more votes than expected.

The problem with conservatives is we try to think what we would do, and based on what we would do, we draw an answer and that is the right answer. The left thinks what the voter would do and wins with simpler strategies.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
[

Two of the major PACs brought in a bunch of 25-35 year old black men and women to go door to door in the metro areas from out of state. The farther east away was Columbia SC that I am aware of. They messaged their pitch to get “aNdY” re-elected.

You are right that the Dems got turnout where they needed it. I took a look at the results for the Governor's race in Jefferson, Fayette, Daviess and Kenton counties. They absolutely smashed the Republicans in the more urban counties. There just aren't enough folks turning out in conservative parts of the state to win when the margins are that extreme (70% ish votes went Democrat in Lexington and Louisville).

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post