SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    March 29, National Vietnam War Veterans Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March 29, National Vietnam War Veterans Day Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
To all my Brothers and Sisters who were there, WELCOME HOME.

1st Infantry Division 1965-1967
1st Bde 5th Infantry Division 1970-1971

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Yes, Brother!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Brother! Until I saw this post, I was unaware that we had a day. I love this Forum.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I believe it was officially recognized in 2017. Not a vet, I was born in 1972. But I am still amazed by your service and sacrifice.

All gave some. Some gave all. You won’t be forgotten.

Very well done tribute, I just don’t know how to embed.

https://youtu.be/aVeBtnfAxP8

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Thank you, 1969-70.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a small High School we lost individual's in the classes of 1962-63-64&66

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to all Vietnam Vets.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that we old farts had a "day"!! Well how about that??

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to those who went and their families.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow..
Thanks for posting this.
I didn't know they made it official.

My father was in Country from ( I believe) 03/1968 to mid 1969.

He was stationed and worked out of Landing Zone Uplift north of Phù Mỹ.

Thanks to the internet I have learned that the Army had never tried to make it anything more than it was, a temporary combat base in Charlie's back yard. It was largely a tent city, every piece of wood from ammo boxes found a home somewhere. Creature comfort wasn't high on the agenda.

The base camp was a sprawl of mud, soggy sandbags and tents. It measured about a half-mile square, and the surrounding terrain was “all mountains and rice paddies.”

Thanks to all those that served, our members here and the families that supported them.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post