SIGforum
Hey, flashguy, happy birthday!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9090061794

December 20, 2022, 10:18 PM
vthoky
Hey, flashguy, happy birthday!
I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow!
Cool

God bless America.
December 20, 2022, 10:28 PM
83v45magna
Happy birthday, Flashguy! (in an hour and a half)

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11
December 20, 2022, 10:35 PM
shovelhead
Happy Birthday!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
December 20, 2022, 10:40 PM
Schmelby
Happy Birthday! 85 I hope your joints are better than mine!
December 21, 2022, 01:35 AM
Oz_Shadow
Happy birthday!
December 21, 2022, 01:56 AM
Modern Day Savage
Happy Birthday Flashguy. I'll bet 85 candles produces plenty of flash to suit your fancy. Wink
December 21, 2022, 02:00 AM
flashguy
Thanks, all! Yes, I turned 85 just a few minutes ago here in Dallas. My indoor tree is now lit, but without ornaments yet. (My family tradition was that the tree goes up on my birthday. My Handyman brought it down and set it up yesterday, but I didn't turn its lights on until actually my birthday. FWIW, I am the only one left who follows that tradition, but I've done it all my life and it comforts me to continue doing it. It will stay up until Epiphany.

Today I will be taken to Choir practice at the church and I'm taking a birthday cake and a fruit salad. The cake is supposed to be inscribed "Alive at 85" -- we'll see. I'm a member of the Choir but have not been going to rehearsals since my accident in July. I miss it a lot and hope to get an arrangement whereby I can again participate. Even when I resume driving I will be reluctant to do so at night, so I'll have to get some form of transport set up. I do expect to be able to drive to church since that will be in the daytime.

I also hope to be able to participate in one of the several Christmas Eve candlelight services. Again, I'll have to rely on others for transport.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
December 21, 2022, 02:38 AM
sig226fan
Happy Birthday Flashguy!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.
December 21, 2022, 05:36 AM
arfmel
Birthday felicitations!
December 21, 2022, 05:49 AM
rainman64
Happy birthday and Merry Christmas~

December 21, 2022, 07:48 AM
6guns
Happy Birthday, David!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
December 21, 2022, 08:00 AM
Pipe Smoker
Happy 85th flashguy! Old COBOL programmers never go away…

Serious about crackers
December 21, 2022, 08:05 AM
Blue Dog
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. Hope you have a good one.
December 21, 2022, 08:26 AM
David Lee
Happy Birthday Flashguy. I wish you many more to come. Enjoy your holiday season. Merry Christmas David.
December 21, 2022, 08:53 AM
Skins2881
Happy Birthday! Merry Christmas!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
December 21, 2022, 09:12 AM
OKCGene
Happy Birthday Mister Flash Guy!
December 21, 2022, 09:20 AM
ibanda
Happy Birthday flashguy!

I have a few SIGs.
December 21, 2022, 10:32 AM
Jimbo54
My birthday was yesterday but I'm a kid at 75 compared to you. Big Grin

Have a great day Flash.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
December 21, 2022, 11:03 AM
FiveFiveSixFan
Happy birthday, flashguy!
December 21, 2022, 12:17 PM
flashguy
Many thanks for all the good wishes! I am truly blessed. I've ordered lunch from Potbelly and am expecting a delivery of more Christmas lights today (like I need more).

My indoor tree is lit and awaiting ornaments. They'll go on between now and Christmas. The cats have noticed the tree but haven't tried to climb it.

PipeSmoker, my COBOL is still running at TI, and some of it was written in the 1980s.

Jimbo54, I hope your birthday was happy.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth