SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hey, flashguy, happy birthday!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, flashguy, happy birthday! Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow!
Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Flashguy! (in an hour and a half)

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! 85 I hope your joints are better than mine!

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!

Posts: 17892 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Flashguy. I'll bet 85 candles produces plenty of flash to suit your fancy. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all! Yes, I turned 85 just a few minutes ago here in Dallas. My indoor tree is now lit, but without ornaments yet. (My family tradition was that the tree goes up on my birthday. My Handyman brought it down and set it up yesterday, but I didn't turn its lights on until actually my birthday. FWIW, I am the only one left who follows that tradition, but I've done it all my life and it comforts me to continue doing it. It will stay up until Epiphany.

Today I will be taken to Choir practice at the church and I'm taking a birthday cake and a fruit salad. The cake is supposed to be inscribed "Alive at 85" -- we'll see. I'm a member of the Choir but have not been going to rehearsals since my accident in July. I miss it a lot and hope to get an arrangement whereby I can again participate. Even when I resume driving I will be reluctant to do so at night, so I'll have to get some form of transport set up. I do expect to be able to drive to church since that will be in the daytime.

I also hope to be able to participate in one of the several Christmas Eve candlelight services. Again, I'll have to rely on others for transport.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Flashguy!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Birthday felicitations!

Posts: 26914 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday and Merry Christmas~

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, David!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Happy 85th flashguy! Old COBOL programmers never go away…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8969 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. Hope you have a good one.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Flashguy. I wish you many more to come. Enjoy your holiday season. Merry Christmas David.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! Merry Christmas!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mister Flash Guy!

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday flashguy!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My birthday was yesterday but I'm a kid at 75 compared to you. Big Grin

Have a great day Flash.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, flashguy!

Posts: 7315 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for all the good wishes! I am truly blessed. I've ordered lunch from Potbelly and am expecting a delivery of more Christmas lights today (like I need more).

My indoor tree is lit and awaiting ornaments. They'll go on between now and Christmas. The cats have noticed the tree but haven't tried to climb it.

PipeSmoker, my COBOL is still running at TI, and some of it was written in the 1980s.

Jimbo54, I hope your birthday was happy.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post