SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know what to do with a washer that is leaking oil from under the agitator?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know what to do with a washer that is leaking oil from under the agitator? Login/Join 
Picture of sig sailor
posted
Please be advised that I am NOT handy.
Thanks in advance,
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1690 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Happened to my whirlpool a decade ago. I googled how to fix it and found a video. It really wasn’t that difficult.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a dozen You Tubes addressing this.

I'd Google your make and model + leaking oil

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54666 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Call a repair man.

or buy a speed queen.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Jaguar made washing machines...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10492 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
There is a kit to buy which costs about $90.

A couple of hours of your time will fix it up.

A repairman will say "time to buy a new one"........

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1690 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Call a repair man.

or buy a speed queen.

As robust as they are, Speed Queens are still machines, and eventually need maintenance/repair.

They're just easier to work on that most other washers due to being more analog than digital, plus you don't have to wait for parts to be shipped on a slow boat from Asia.

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post