SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who do you use for motorcycle insurance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do you use for motorcycle insurance Login/Join 
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Progressive - Had one claim years ago - agent showed up and cut me a check.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I've had Geico and Progressive - both similar in rates. Only had 1 claim years ago when I was with Progressive. They made it super easy without hassle. I'm with them now.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6736 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Progressive. Five BMW bikes on the same policy, mixed coverage, some full, some less. Think I am paying $210/year for everything.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bounced between Geico and Progressive.

After a couple of years, I would get a good price hike for no reason.

I never had a claim.

I would go back to the other for their lower into rates.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Progressive here.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full coverage on my BMW with Progressive. 42 bucks a month.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Geico been good rate wise still compare and neighbor has them as well, had an issue with his RoadGlide and they took care of it, paid right out, called to make sure it was done etc...

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Shop around for sure. When I had a bike, annual liability insurance rates ranged from a couple hundred dollars a year (Progressive) to as much as I actually paid for the bike (Geico).

Progressive ended up being the best deal for me even after I took into account bundle prices from my at the time car insurance provider, but I was really surprised how much variance there seemed to be between quotes. Progressive was also fantastic to deal with on the multiple occasions someone ran my bike over in the parking lot at work.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
State Farm was cheapest for me.

In 2016, I was 30yrs old and I bought a 2015 Suzuki Hayabusa.
200.00 month 0% APR loan.
186.00 month State Farm full coverage
Everywhere else quoted no less than 320.00 a month!

I still have the same plan and it is 51.00 per month. I live in a "No Fault" state.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Had State Farm for years but when I moved the local agent was a prick so I switched to Progressive.

Some companies give a discount if you take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post