SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    City crew in West Virginia cuts down tree that lands on car - interview with witness
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

City crew in West Virginia cuts down tree that lands on car - interview with witness Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/EY1Nsc2viK8

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, that was hilarious!

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I always picture a row of witnesses.

Dr. J. Howard Beezard
Civil engineer Betty C. Valentine
Local City Councilman Nathan Johnson
And....
Cletus Vanwinkle roseneck. Purveyor of “locally sourced and distilled errr spirits)

Quick let’s talk to that Cletus guy to see what happened.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That dude is mellow like he's been smokin something

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:

Not to mention incredibly stupid!!

It is fairly simple to control the direction i which a tree falls when cut!! If nothing else put a damned cable on it, hook the other end to a truck and pull it to fall where you want it!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

It is fairly simple to control the direction i which a tree falls when cut!! If nothing else put a damned cable on it, hook the other end to a truck and pull it to fall where you want it!

"City crew"

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
quote:

"City crew"

Top. Men.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
quote:

"City crew"

Yeah! Sad is it not?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That dude is mellow like he's been smokin something

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nah. Its just West Virginia.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
They did that fiat owner a favor.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Fix It Again Tony

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Big Grin

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
"I hate to say it but... it was kinda cool"
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
He reminds me of Jerry Reed. Smile

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Reinforcing stereotypes one news witness video at a time

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Regardless, I sure hope the city does right by that girl and buys her a new car.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

Billy Tatum is president of the Huntington WV chapter of Mensa. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Was Billy the only witness, or just the most articulate one?

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in Huntington, WV in June. Nice place to visit, some interesting characters though for sure.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
"I hate to say it but... it was kinda cool"
Big Grin

He speaks the truth.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post