SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    City crew in West Virginia cuts down tree that lands on car - interview with witness
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

City crew in West Virginia cuts down tree that lands on car - interview with witness Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:
He reminds me of Jerry Reed. Smile

Ha! He does! I just watched Smokey And The Bandit again last night too Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Sooo....are we certain this was an accident? Wink

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Oh Lord Jesus!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I lived in WV for 10 months. That video about sums up my experience.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
They did that fiat owner a favor.
Regardless, I sure hope the city does right by that girl and buys her a new car.

I would hope they would have no choice to do so and in fact, I would bet she will end up making out OK

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I was starting to say, "Wait, a Fiat in WV???" before they said "a Marshall student". Wink

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Was Billy the only witness, or just the most articulate one?

Just the most interesting one.

Even the local news can't help themselves by interviewing the most 'stereotypical' representative of their region...smh. I suppose no different if the news in NJ ends up with Joey Bag O'Donuts and his friend Pauly or, Chicago news interviewing Aliyah and Precious.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is Jackson MS. Not stereotypical, but certainly memorable and funny.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

It is fairly simple to control the direction i which a tree falls when cut!! If nothing else put a damned cable on it, hook the other end to a truck and pull it to fall where you want it!

This! ^^^^^
Used to be partners in a tree service company as a side job.
If any property was at any risk at all we used two separate cables and two separate pull or anchor vehicles for redundancy. Never had and "oh shit" in ten years.

That guy reminds me of some friends and family, I don't see what do you guys find so funny about him. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That guy reminds me of some friends and family, I don't see what do you guys find so funny about him.

Deliverance outtakes are prevalent around Nashville outskirts. LOL

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh shit, that guy sounds like and acts like and kind of looks like my neighbor! LoL....

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Watched a similar crew try to remove a tree for a road project.
You could see phone and power lines that ran through the branches.
They just started cutting the trunk. NO trimming of limbs, no attempt to protect the wires.
Meanwhile I counted 5 “supervisors” smoking and joking.
The tree fell taking the wires. Then in landed in the road causing a delay for us to drive by.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Fix It Again Tony

My older brother had one and he said “Fix It Again Tony” was okay, but “Fix It All (the) Time” was closer to the mark.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but they have great commercials.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Fix It Again Tony

My older brother had one and he said “Fix It Again Tony” was okay, but “Fix It All (the) Time” was closer to the mark.

Failed Italian Attempt at Technology.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
This is my city, about 2 miles from me.
It's been the talk of the town, the past few days.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I was in Huntington, WV in June. Nice place to visit, some interesting characters though for sure.

Next visit, please email and I will buy you dinner. Smile

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flat 500

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, but they have great commercials.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pXQLFXTth58" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

nice tatt on her neck too

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The tat is the Abarth logo.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post