SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Retired Mississippi police dog rescued from animal shelter
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retired Mississippi police dog rescued from animal shelter Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Good use for a sack of door knobs.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I can't say what I'm thinking

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw another article on this and it said something about him getting demoted? I can’t remember exactly where I saw it. Either way fuck him.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I don't know if he was actually demoted. He was just reassigned to patrol duty. Our k9 officers are regular patrol officers. There is no promotion in rank.

Our policy is you keep the dog after retirement. If you can't do that then you can't interview for the position.

He's an asshole and my guess is he wanted the dog for the vehicle. We had a few guys that tried out that just wanted a take home car. They didn't get past the interview stage.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Cage and truck maintenance/cleaning at animal control? Oh, without animal contact too.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Don't know if you folks know about the priority at shelters... The ones given up are ahead of the strays for being put down. Agree with alinc that the wrong officer was put in the cage Mad Mad Mad

"Fuck that guy."

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
My opinion of him is the same as my opinion of Michael Vick.

Luckily, the dog's identiy was found out.

A-Hole, A-Hole, A-Hole

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Livid. Dirt bag. I hate reading shit like this with gusto. Dog is a police officer. Treat it as such you prick.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
What a POS, all the years of work and that’s what you do to your partner.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
While I agree with you guys in principle. But what if the guy just could not keep the dog. At least he did the right thing. He could of done much worse.
Maybe none of his fellow cops would take him. I do not know. But maybe there is a reason. And you guys know how much I love dog's.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Fuck that guy.

With a barbed wire wrapped telephone pole.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Mad

Fire his ass.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did the shelter ID the dog? Chip info IDing JPD as the owner? 2 month into retirement and tossed out with the trash. Ban that "officer" from ever being near animals or kids again.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He needs to be fired. What a dick. Bet the k9's better off now.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
While I agree with you guys in principle. But what if the guy just could not keep the dog. At least he did the right thing. He could of done much worse.
Maybe none of his fellow cops would take him. I do not know. But maybe there is a reason. And you guys know how much I love dog's.

So lets say he could not keep the dog. Lets add in that none of his fellow officers could take him.

Place a post on any social media. Someone would have come and picked him up. My wife and I are petless since we had to help both of our girls across the bridge and we do not want another dog but when I read the story to my wife her first words were “is he still available?”

My sister lives near Jackson MI and would have welcomed another dog.

I know you are playing devil's advocate but in this case I don't think there is an argument to be made in his defense.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You are probably right SZ. I guess just trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes things are not always as cut and dried as they seem in life.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ellis has lost all his professional credibility and tarnished his badge.
And what was earlier said about a demotion is true. Its a reassignment.
There were other options for the dog.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Heck, reassign him to foot patrol.
No, reassign this POS to the unemployment line.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Then why didn't he go to his superiors at the department and make them aware that he couldn't keep the dog. I'm not buying for a moment that someone at the agency wouldn't have taken the dog. Or at a minimum, they'd have found someone outside the department to place him with. This strikes me as a majorly chicken shit move on the part of this cop to simply ditch the dog.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Just makes one what other lovely things he’s pulled, if he thought no one would notice this.

I wouldn’t want him as a cop in my town, not with that basic lack of compassion.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post