SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will Tiger Woods win this weekend?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Tiger Woods win this weekend? Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.golfchannel.com/tou...resented-mastercard/

Tiger has won this tournament 8 times. After a double bogey on the third hole he made 6 birdies to finish 4 under. The leader is 8 under.

Will he pull it off? Would that make him a Masters favorite?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Tiger Woods will never win another tournament. That is my prediction.

Posts: 6067 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I think he went to masters favorite somewhere around the turn this morning.

Seems like the game is there... he's driving it pretty accurately (except the bad drive that cost him the double today), short game is looking good, and some long bombs are falling. He had a few close call putts last week that didn't drop or he'd have won.

And of course, he has played well at ANGC on years when his game was garbage elsewhere. You don't have to be perfect, you have to know where to miss. And he knows the course better than anybody. Still I think he needs scoring to be high to win... not sure he can go as low as some of the big risk takers and not sure he will make himself take the risks necessary if scoring goes low.

I actually think he has a better chance at the US Open this year than the Masters. And I absolutely think he'll win a tournament this year.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10513 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He has a chance.
I like his progress and his attitude.

Posts: 22989 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

About 7-8 years ago, I bet a buddy of mine a round of golf at Pebble Beach that Tiger would never beat Jack's record. One of these days I'll have to collect on that bet because it will never happen.

He may win some more minor tournaments from here on out, but he'll never win another major.

Personally, I'd like to see him just go the fuck away...permanently.

To answer the OP's question...No.

Posts: 20177 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He has a chance, but I think he will not win.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53130 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will Tiger Woods win this weekend?

It depends on whether she says "yes" or not. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16293 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Yep.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’m sure he will win again, perhaps another 4-5 times before (and if) he moves to the Champions tour. He played well enough last week to finish tied for 2nd place.

I don’t really care for the guy at all, but he’s not washed up at 42.

That said, I don’t think his game is quite up to snuff to win in Augusta this year.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Whats going to keep him from winning is the stuff between his ears. It won't let him win.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19771 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will Tiger Woods win this weekend?
yes.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
http://www.golfchannel.com/tou...resented-mastercard/

After a double bogey on the third hole he made 6 birdies to finish 4 under.

He actually started his round on the back, so three birdies came before the double bogie on the 3rd hole. Just saying. .

I read that after those 3 birdies, he became the favorite in vegas. Before the round i think Dustin was favorite at 8:1 or something.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I don’t really care for the guy at all, but he’s not washed up at 42.

To keep up with the young kids? Yes...he is. Even moreso with his physical and mental ailments.

Jack was only 46 when he won the Masters and that was an anomaly.

Posts: 20177 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tiger’s domination, commitment to practice, and level of fitness changed the way pros prepare for the game. That is not debatable.

For him to come back and win just one more major against the young bucks, that would solidify his status of greatest-of-all-time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12363 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Not sure the layout of course this weekend, but I too think he'll win another tourney or six, but they will most definitely be on finesse courses like last week, not a long one where the folks in better shape will overcome whatever his short game and iron play skills become again. Don't think he'll win a major nor finish in top 10 in Masters. Ever.

It is a pretty incredible comeback from a physical rehab and mental commitment standpoint, coupled with realizing that hiring person after person to jack around with his swing isn't the answer going forward.

I was a huge fan of his game-changing focus and commitment, not to mention incredible God-given talent.

His narcissistic asshole personality (outwardly at least) has made me not a fan, but I can still appreciate what he's done and overcome.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12470 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Whats going to keep him from winning is the stuff between his ears. It won't let him win.

Just the opposite.
From a golf viewpoint he is the best in this area.
I suppose you are talking about off the field activities > there that seems to be in check.

Posts: 22989 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
he doesn't hit it as long as the very top guys but he's averaging 303 yards off the tee (small sample size.) he's not completely crushing it, but dustin johnson is averaging 311. 8 yards is not that big of a deal. jordan spieth is averaging 298, fwiw.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10513 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
God, I hope not. I am so sick of hearing about this cheapskate and adulterer.

Posts: 107952 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that until he starts banging a half a dozen women per month, He is s.o.l. , golf wise.

That was the secret to his success, right there.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54789 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping that his back goes to hell again and we never see nor hear of him again. PGA golf has done just fine without him during his hiatus and it will continue to when he's finally gone for good.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post