SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use Gordon Ramsey’s Hexclad Pans?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Gordon Ramsey’s Hexclad Pans? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m mostly off non-stick. Except for acidic sauces or other things that are contraindicated for seasoned carbon steel / cast iron. For coated non-stick, I’m liking Made In products. More affordable than All Clad non-stick which is what I used to buy.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12762 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bean:
The trick for eggs on steel is to heat up the pan enough so it won't stick.
I think this is true with SS, although it's been a long time since I experimented with it.

My cast iron that I cook my eggs on is just the opposite. I put it on low and as soon as whatever grease I'm using (usually lard) melts, I put on the eggs. When it's time to flip, I shut off the heat, and give them another minute and remove. Perfect every time. My CI griddle is so slick, I have to use something to hold the egg on there or it'll slide off when I try to put the spatula under it. Clean up is usually just a wipe down, high heat until it smokes, one more wipe, and let it cool.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a number (that means lots) on non-stick pans. Analon is by far the best brand I've had.

I just ordered an Always Pan from Our Place, should be here in a few days. On sale. Great reviews, but I can mess up anything. We'll see.

One thing I learned, which helps my wallet stay in my pocket, is that with the no stick pans, wash them separately. I was washing them in my sink (just two of us-why use the dishwasher?) with the silverware, spatulas, cups, glasses etc. and couldn't figure how the pans kept getting scratches and chips. Duh!

Bob

Posts: 1585 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I researched/looked into buying a set. In conclusion, my Calphalon set is 30 years old. I replaced 1 saucepan and 2 frying pans over that period. They were comparably priced, so money wasn't the object. It came down to Hexclad's lack of time in the market, to invest in them. Regarding reviews I consider them like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. I don't make buying decisions based on reviews.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8401 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Ok
Let me be the second person here to chime in that actually owns the pans.
I own the 10" and 14" pans.
They are heavy, lids are vented (which I like).
They are indeed non-stick and I like them.
Since I have only owned them for 5 months I cant speak on longevity, but so far, I am happy with my purchase.

I do eggs, no issue.
Bacon, fine.
Browning meats and pulling up the bottom for gravy is excellent.
Using metal utensils, I see no scratches or scarring.

I was intrigued on how Ramsay got into the Hexclad.
Someone gave him one to try, and he was in.

So out of all these pages, only two of us actually own it, and are happy.

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
We got the All-Clad a year ago and the wife loves them. Wish they had more sizes available.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3697 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
Ok
Let me be the second person here to chime in that actually owns the pans.

So out of all these pages, only two of us actually own it, and are happy.

Taking notes.

Members owning Hexclad pans:
1s1k - owns 12, happy
radioman - owns 1, state of happiness indeterminate, but pan is too expensive
rainman64 - owns 2, happy, but not the Dustin Hoffman character

Posts: 11025 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone use Gordon Ramsey’s Hexclad Pans?

I did, but he came downstairs and found me in the kitchen, screamed "who the fuck are you, why the fuck are you in my Kitchen and those eggs you are making look like shit!"

Posts: 23594 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I was at an all inclusive a few weeks ago. The resort seemed to use Hexclad exclusively. Nothing that they cooked in front of me stuck, and they were using metal utensils. Those buffet lines ran pretty much all day every day, so they weren't treated gently.

I use cast iron exclusively at home, but seeing those pans get abused the way they were has me considering whether I should pick one up to try out.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

I was intrigued on how Ramsay got into the Hexclad.
Someone gave him one to try, and he was in.

Sure he was, along with the shitload of money he’s being paid to promote them, LOL

As Forrest Gump said:

"I just loved playing ping-pong with my Flex-o-Lite ping-pong paddle which everybody knows isn't true, but Mama said it was just a little white lie, it wasn't hurting nobody.”

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Anyone use Gordon Ramsey’s Hexclad Pans?

I did, but he came downstairs and found me in the kitchen, screamed "who the fuck are you, why the fuck are you in my Kitchen and those eggs you are making look like shit!"

Well played!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12351 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Functionally they may or not be parity or better than other alternatives. I'm skeptical of their technology. But if it works as advertised, great.

But in my mind, there are comparable / better alternatives for more reasonable prices that aren't made in chicom. Chicom is a deal breaker for me, regardless of functionality.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12762 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I’m a huge fan of the Made In stainless offerings. I will likely get one of their non-stick when I have to replace my All Clad which has been very good. Before that I had Calphalon anodized and non stick. surlatable.com currently has an All Clad HA1 three pan set on sale for under $100.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2390 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
I’m a huge fan of the Made In stainless offerings.

Just fyi - their carbon steel wok has been working great for me. I think I screwed up the cosmetics of the seasoning but functionally has been fantastic for stir frying and deep frying. Works great for about 1.5 lbs of thick cut bacon too. A little heavy and cumbersome to clean in a dual sink. Even still, I use it multiple times a week to fast fry veggies.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Maybe somebody here has found the magic bullet, but in my experience everything I have ever owned that was non-stick failed. Didn't matter how much it cost.

Now I just buy inexpensive non-stick cookware, toss it when it starts to give up, and replace it with more inexpensive options. Doesn't bother me nearly as much pitching the expensive stuff.

This has been my strategy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
All-Clad user here. One large non-stick pan and a bunch of their stainless. Most of it is their copper core series. I love the way they cook but would never pay retail. I regularly take advantage of their "Seconds" sales. You can save a bundle just because the box is worn.

Posts: 1635 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll second the Henckels Zwilling pots and pans. They have outperformed our Calphalon big time, several had to be replaced. Just wished the made a really large pot.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Look into a Gotham non-stick pan. They are as non-stick as you’ll find, lightweight, and cheap. QThe lady we rent the beach condo every year from has them and I was impressed enough to pick one up brand new at Goodwill. I cook an omelet every morning with lots of cheese and it just will not stick. Egg refuses to stick to it. Clean up is pretty much instantaneous with a sponge and a drop of detergent.

The key to any non-stick pans longevity is to never use metal utensils. We are a cast iron and steel house but I had to commit heresy after using. Proper care will let it last a long time.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post