SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democrats are running TV and internet ads saying Republicans plan on ending Social Security and Medicare in five years
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democrats are running TV and internet ads saying Republicans plan on ending Social Security and Medicare in five years Login/Join 
posted
I have seen several of these ads myself. Republicans will ignore these ads at their peril. It's nonsense of course, but these ads will motivate their base. It will also motivate low information voters and some seniors who may not have bothered to vote to get out and vote for Demorats.

Republicans need to respond not only by setting the record straight, but running attack ads of their own on this subject. Of course their is no end to the long list of subjects the Dems are vulnerable on, but you could make them vulnerable on this issue too. The facts are that any Dem plan to expand Medicare will bankrupt Medicare in no time. And only a strong economy will enable us to fund social security into the future.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022...l-security-medicare/

Posts: 1057 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing new under the sun. Same old Democrat playbook.

This Infamous Granny-Over-The-Cliff Ad Shows How Democrats Will Destroy Paul Ryan

Grace Wyler Aug 11, 2012,

As Paul Ryan hits the campaign trail as Mitt Romney's running mate, Democrats can hardly contain their glee at the fresh opportunity to attack the Wisconsin Congressman — and by proxy, Mitt Romney — over his signature budget proposal.

When Ryan first announced his proposals in 2011, the Democratic response was swift and vicious. Since then attacking Ryan's budget — and specifically his proposals to overhaul Medicare — has been a remarkably successful strategy for Democrats, who argue that Ryan's plan would "end Medicare as we know it," or simply "end Medicare."

The charges are overblown, but also effective. And now that the presidential race is at stake, the Medicare messaging battle is bound to get a lot more brutal.

Perhaps the most illustrative example of these attacks is the infamous "granny-over-a-cliff" ad, from the liberal outside interest group The Agenda Project. The ad features a young man — who doesn't look unlike Paul Ryan — pushing an elderly woman in a wheelchair along a wooded path to the tune of "America The Beautiful." After a brief stroll, he pushes her off a cliff.

It ends with the tagline: "Is America beautiful without Medicare? Ask Paul Ryan and his friends in Congress."

Posts: 12739 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I predict financial collapse sooner than that, so it probably won't matter anyway... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8956 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ads are annoying and obnoxious. They are clearly louder than regular programming and are on the order of ambulance chasing lawyers chasing dollars.

Of course Ron Johnson and Rick Scott feed into these fears by talking about evaluating Medicare on a yearly basis. Educated voters know what they are talking about but poorly educated seniors haven't a clue.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Yep, standard democrat pre-election drivel.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2094 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Democrats are running TV and internet ads saying Republicans plan on ending Social Security and Medicare in five years

Good, that still leaves me some time. I plan on applying for both in one more year.

Posts: 28007 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
I thought the Granny Over The Cliff ad was hilarious. Maybe my twisted sense of humor, but thanks for re-posting. It gave me a good laugh. You're right about Ron Johnson and Rick Scott. It's fine to talk about keeping Medicare and SS solvent, but save the budgeting and annual accounting talk for Republican conference meetings.

Posts: 1057 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
How can you tell a Democrat is lying?

Their mouth is open.

How many times has the topic of Democrats going after Social Security and healthcare been brought up on the board?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38005 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
How can you tell a Democrat is lying?

Seriously.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Every politician for the longest time has shaken down old people for contributions this way. "I'm fighting so that they won't take your social security away."

When I took over my dad's finances, his checkbook had checks to 3 politicians every month all of whom were using the same con. And this was over 25 years ago.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19713 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just remember…the longer and more often you tell the lie, it becomes the truth. “The truth is what I say it is” - Senator Charles F. Meachum

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post