SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just in time for Black Friday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just in time for Black Friday Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted

Big Grin

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
No snooze button. Eek

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
It is missing Jack Webb.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Boy, that pic brought back memories.

I was always difficult to get up in the morning. My Dad tried everything, up to and including blasting the sound track from "Oklahoma" to wake me. Nothing worked very well.

Fast forward to my first day in Basic training. Got into Ft. Lewis at midnight, stood in the rain until 2AM, then into bed. At 5AM, the Drill Instructor came inside the barracks and threw a 32 gallon galvanized garbage can the length of the room.

Starting the next morning, I woke up with his boot hit the 2nd step on the stairs of our barracks.

To this day I wake up around 5AM every day.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every morning: "Drop your cocks and grab your socks! I want to see assholes and elbows"!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
The divisions that I trained all got that alarm clock in the beginning. Up until they figured out that the compartment watch could wake people up before I hit the door so they could be on the deck as soon as the lights cam on before i could go to work.

I used it as a gauge to see how bright they were as a group.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3847 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite alarm system was what I used on the trainees was my brass whistle blown with a large forceful blast of air.. Got the job done and was very effective as the empty garbage can bouncing down the center isle of the bunk area. .................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1996 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post