SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help with Toyo RAV4 radio.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Toyo RAV4 radio. Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted
Son drove my 2018 RAV4 while I was south. Some how the shark fin antennae got knocked off by garage door. He put it back on, and FM radio works, but reception is not great, and I get NOTHING on AM. Just some static. I pulled the headliner down and can’t see anything odd. The Bluetooth works fine and I play tunes off my iPhone. Any suggestions? New cable? New antenna? Thanks.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the wiring connection to the antenna has been broken. I'd disconnect the antenna and inspect the wiring at the connection point. Try the satellite radio button. If you don't subscribe you should get preview audio giving you information about subscribing. I suspect you will get nothing or an antenna not connected message on the radio display.

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I would tell my son to take it to Toyo and have it fixed.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Son is already back in Montana. Dealer doesn’t do that kind of work, and neither does the stereo store. Looks like I’m it. All I need to now is how to take the trim off the right rear pilled and I’ll do it.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post