SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alright, who flipped the internet switch in Florida off?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alright, who flipped the internet switch in Florida off? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
It’s so bad I can’t even post a link. xFinity is down and speed test won’t even run on Verizon’s network. Can’t keep SIGforum down though. TV doesn’t work either.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
It's like going back to the early 90's again.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We had a storm roll through Houston earlier today, knocked power out at my office & the ATT cell network went down for about 15 minutes.

Verizon was still up & normal, but I had no phone, cell or data, for a bit.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
It's like going back to the early 90's again.

Ya, I think speedtest just gave me a result in baud.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
A construction company cut a major fiber.

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That will be a very expensive mistake.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
It’s back up, thank goodness. I had to like, have a real conversation with my wife. Wink

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was Minnie Mouse in retaliation, not a construction company as previously reported.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
It’s back up, thank goodness. I had to like, have a real conversation with my wife. Wink

Mine wanted me to drive over to where we store our RV and get some DVDs off the RV. Son #1 was disappointed when it came back, because he had to do his homework which is all online.

I’m back to 350mbps with Xfinity and 90mbps with Verizon. I was really surprised that Verizon’s cellular network came to a grinding halt, .07mbps. I’m not sure if it was because their traffic runs over the Comcast fiber and was directly affected, it just got jammed up with people using their cellphone to get to the internet, or a combination of the two. The TV still worked at my parents’ house because they have the old analog cable boxes and not the digital ones we have.

I’ll be buying a yagi antenna for the attic again since I removed the last one and installed it at another location. I didn’t do it sooner because I figured if Xfinity went out, we’d use our phones as backup. At least I still have the coax in the attic.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our internet went out for a little bit in the later p.m..

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Internet down here for about 2 1/2 hours the other day. Second major extended outage in the last 4 weeks. Early afternoon ~12:30 until about 3

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
That will be a very expensive mistake.

A friend in the industry called them gold plated backhoes.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post