SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm being sent to Israel!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm being sent to Israel! Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Please do provide G2 on the current cuisinary status of matzo ball soup.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Could an Uzi Pro, Tavor, 7.62 Negev or IDF hottie ha fit in your carryon?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Excellent!! That sounds like the chance of a lifetime. I’ve alwasys wanted to visit Israel. Have fun man!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
You probably already know this, but just in case...

If you ever have a need/desire to travel to Arab countries in the area, you will have to either request that the Israelis NOT stamp your passport, or arrange to get a new passport before you travel. Arab countries almost always refuse entry to someone with an Israeli stamp in their passport!

Sad, but that's the way it is.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and I hope you have some fun too!

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long do you get to be there? Stay safe.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9153 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm jealous, have fun. Big Grin

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Enjoy yourself and keep safe.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that sounds interesting.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
have a great time - would love to go there myself some day just to see the archaeology

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looking forward to foreign dash cam videos, maybe they will be better drivers

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

If you ever have a need/desire to travel to Arab countries in the area, you will have to either request that the Israelis NOT stamp your passport, or arrange to get a new passport before you travel. Arab countries almost always refuse entry to someone with an Israeli stamp in their passport!

I think that'd be an extra perk to going. "Sorry boss, I can't go to South Sudan Shithole. They won't let me in"

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Try to make it to Yad Vashem.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I can say I'm going to Tel Aviv.
Man today was a whirlwind with corporate meetings and such.

I'm gonna try to hit the best places to eat(as it's all expensed) and I'm hoping for BELLY DANCERS! Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
have a great time - would love to go there myself some day just to see the archaeology

Yep, the Indiana Jones in me is just giddy with excitement!

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Try to make it to Yad Vashem.

Sobering, and well worth the visit.

quote:

They didn't even offer to stamp mine. They just gave us little slips of paper with the information to tuck inside.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yad Vashem

I don't know if I'll get over to Jerusalem.
I'm gonna try. Maybe on the Saturday before I fly home.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Safe travels, enjoy.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

... you will have to either request that the Israelis NOT stamp your passport, or arrange to get a new passport before you travel...

Israel doesn't stamp passports. You get a printed entry visa you'll carry in your passport while you're there.

I go 4 times a year to work in Be'er Sheva. Going to take the wife in 2019 to actually play tourist and see the country. She's warned me that if I go to Jerusalem without her, I'm doomed Smile

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I was there back in the 80s I'd like to go back some time. Take some pictures of hot chicks with Tavor X95s!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post