SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electrician for Herndon area of Northern VA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electrician for Herndon area of Northern VA Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted
Looks like my HP burnt the bus bar so my electric panel needs replacement. Anybody have recommendations?

TIA

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Isn't that SIGARMS' old location?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16377 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Skins? He is changing careers, but maybe he at least knows who to trust.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10929 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Skins? He is changing careers, but maybe he at least knows who to trust.

I'm a perfectionist and no one meets my standards to recommend. It's not a job I'd want to do out of the trunk of my car, one for liability reasons, and two it'd be a pain in the ass to do.

I do have a company I usually recommend to people now, but he's mid to medium high priced and I don't know his current staff. I'll shoot you a reply to your previous email 41. In some cases you can simply relocate to breaker to a new section of bus and blank off the damaged section. There would be a number of reasons that might not work, space in the panel, extent of damage, panel past it's useful life.

Depending on age of the panel, size, existing grounding, state of service drop/electrical meter the job usually runs $2,400-$4,000, possibly less if it's 100% panel swap with no other work needed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post