Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Member |
The French can't be all bad; after all, they did adopt the SP2022 for all national police forces. I could see the passports of the troops being checked if they were going to Paris for R&R afterwards though. The anniversary event was a controlled location; someone took regulations too close to the procedure manual dots and tittles. | |||
|
| The Ice Cream Man |
To be fair about WWII, didn’t the Brits get rolled up in a few days along with the French? They just didn’t seem to understand how to stop the NAZIs. (Fat Electrician has a good video about a British tank commander who was ignored until the war started.) BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| I swear I had something for this |
That just proves they have taste. | |||
|
| Member |
The lot of 2022 SP's mentioned in the pistol thread appear to be mostly unfired. Fancy that! -------------------------- Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H L Mencken I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is. -- JALLEN 10/18/18 | |||
|
| Member |
It's a slap in the face of the men and women who fought in wars past, when their own government gave up to save themselves. I hope there have to be some of those same thinkers/people there today, I would hope. | |||
|
fugitive from reality![]() |
The thing I find odd in all this is that as a NATO member nation, your military doesn't need a passport to cross national borders. _____________________________ 'I'm pretty fly for a white guy'. | |||
|
Member![]() |
As mentioned above, if you’re on NATO orders, you don’t need a passport in order to cross NATO borders. The reason for this is that the French cooked up a special commemorative customs stamp that reads “Normandy, June 6th, 2024, 80th Anniversary of D-Day”, or something similar. It was meant to provide the troops a memento of the occasion. And yes, the irony of it being in a passport is part of the joke. I wouldn’t mind one of those in my passport. | |||
|
| Member |
Thanks for posting that. I was wondering about the why of the passports. I've used NATO orders myself. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

