SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    General Tire: Any Good?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

General Tire: Any Good? Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
IMHO, most tire companies produce good & bad tire models. Some have developed reputations for putting out a lot more winners than losers, the way Glock & Sig have winning records in the gun world. Michelin and Bridgestone tend to have the best reputations among tire manufacturers.

I had a set of General Z-rated high-performance tires on a previous car. I did my research on them before buying. They were excellent and lived up to billing. On top of that, they were a bargain.

That's my one data point on General tires I bought ~10 years ago. Of course, that model tire is out of production. If it matters to you, the tires I had were 50 aspect ratio.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
I like General tires.

The General Altimax RT-43 tires I put on my Camry were much quieter than the 2 previous sets of Michelins and I'm getting a lot more miles out of them. Close to 50K on this set, whereas the Michelins I was lucky to get 30K.

I liked them so much, we put them on two other cars (another Camry and a Corolla). All are holing up well.

Bought these for my sister’s Corolla to replace some Michelin tires...my sister is very brand conscious but since we were paying I did the research and they bested the Michelin’s that she had...after two Winters in ChicagoLand and other weather I asked her how the tires were and she said the Altimax RT43s were “awesome.”

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2411 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
When my kids still lived at home I bought them the General winter tires and had them mounted to dedicated rims for winter driving. They were awesome in the snow/ice, and priced very reasonably.
Both there cars were all but useless before the tire change ( 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and a 97 Lincoln Mark 8)The Lincoln was far worse than the Mits in Winter driving conditions.
I was so impressed with the Generals snow performance I bought Z rated tires for the Lincoln when warmer weather arrived.
GREAT TIRES.

Posts: 4630 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been satisfied with at least three or four sets of Grabber’s on our Honda Pilot over the years.

Very good all-around performance, including travel through moderate to heavy snow accumulations.

Posts: 3481 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post