SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remembering my son
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remembering my son Login/Join 
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I hope you and those who knew him find peace. You have my empathy and will be in my thoughts.

Thank you for sharing that which isn't easy Sir.

I will echo Tacfoley's sentiment. A quote that helped me when I experienced this is in my signature. I don't post my signature often in the hope that when I do, it helps someone else as it helped me. Zachariah would have been 17 this year.

A wife who loses a husband is called a widow.
A husband who loses a wife is called a widower.
A child who loses his parents is called an orphan.
But...there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is!

- Neugeboren 1976, 154

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
May your fond memories over shadow your loss.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Damn. I’m so sorry

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences Bald1.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
My condolences. I remember this from last year and I’m going through similar pain right now.

I’m very sorry. Words help a lot but aren’t enough.

Posts: 53181 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
God bless, sir.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see some friends kept him company and stopped by.

Posts: 1744 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Can't imagine what it's like to have to go through the loss of a child. It's just not supposed to work that way. Children are supposed to watch their parents grow old and pass.

Thoughts and prayers for what you and your family are going through.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer for comfort for you Bald. Besides remembering your son I remember the member here who made the awesome urn for your son's ash's. Which I thought was an awesome gesture. As good as it gets in my book.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you sir. I will always remember your son on July 2nd ... (email sent).

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family.

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Sorry my friend...

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
As someone who lost a brother at a young age, and watched her parents go through the heartbreak of losing their only boy, I have an inkling. But everyone has a different journey- my heart goes out to you today on your loss.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Our eldest passed away a year ago this month. I think about him every day. The nagging sense that something is not right is my constant companion together with haunting regret. Not to hijack your memorial. Just know Mrs DF and I know your loss, brother.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you. Life is too short. Enjoy every day.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry. My sympathies to you and your family.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God bless you, and may he continue to watch over you until you and your son meet again!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post