Find
Notify
Tools

I apologize Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I apologize for my unnecessary COVID19 postings. I have embarrassed myself in front of my invisible internet friends.

I am 73 years old and diabetic. This virus could be deadly to me, and it causes me serious concern. More worrying to me, my wife is 76 and not in 100% good health. This could also me deadly to her. If I go, she will be really in trouble. I have to watch her like a hawk when she is in the kitchen.
She will put something on the stove on HIGH, then leave the kitchen and go do something else. She does remember to feed the dog.

My wife and I live alone, and can’t visit with our adult children. Our church is closed. My wife’s friends anr, like us, “sheltered in place”. I have no associates locally that I can reach out to. Our public shooting range is closed. All news is only about the COVID19 virus. Our local TV stations seem more interested in posting the new updated numbers of cases. I braved going to WalMart today just to get out of the house. I bought a pack of toilet paper that we didn’t need, just to do something.

I come to this place, SIGFORUM, for knowledge and to enjoy the many different subjects posted. Lately, it seems as if it has become more like BREAKING NEWS----COVID, COVID, COVID. I guess I allowed it to overcome me, but I am addicted to reading SIGFORUM. I should have just turned off my computer and forgot about it for awhile.

It has rained for 13 of the last 14 days, so getting outside and doing something has been damned near impossible.

There is no bread or bread products in any of the local markets.

SIGFORUM has been my refuge for almost 10 years.

Please accept my apology. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You guys stay at home and weather this out. I'm sure we have SF members that live near you that will help you any way they can.

Keep a stiff upper lip, we're going to make it through this. If you want to laugh a bit, remember that three weeks ago the lounge was littered with BERNIE, COMMIE, BIDEN, oh and another thread about BLOOMBERG THE SUPER GENIUS. Now, we've just cycled into "What is the best feminine hygiene products recommended for THE COVID". LOL. It comes in cycles, my man.

I hang out on Netflix and watch reruns of comedies, and just started rewatching Longmire for a second run. Does the nerves a whole lot of good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Could you send some of that Arkansas rain to Florida? We've been dry for over three weeks, and temp is damn near 90.

Be cool, my friend. Stay away from people, read a good book, enjoy a meal and a drink. Enjoy the company of your wife. Call your kids.

I'd make you bread if I were closer, but Arkansas is a long drive from Orlando... Hell, take this time to learn to make your own bread. It takes time, and care to do well. It will distract you and give you a challenge.

Take a deep breath, enjoy your virtual friends, watch a movie you have been wanting to see, read a book and remember to smile at your wife. She needs to see your smile too.

God bless.

Tell ya what... Email me your address, and I will send you a batch of home made chocolate chip cookies. Because SigForum.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12784 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This nation is in a firm grip of fear and panic. People cooped up in their homes watching cable news to get anything on this stupid virus. Maybe back away from the TV news. I haven't watched one single minute of it yet. And I actually found your constant posting of new threads kind of funny.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
It has rained for 13 of the last 14 days, so getting outside and doing something has been damned near impossible.

It has been constantly raining here as well. Were sick of it, good weather is supposed to arrive this week.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Don’t worry about it. I think everyone has more anxiety and stress than normal over this mess. Stay home as much as you can because of your age and try not to watch so much news. All they are talking about is the Wuhan virus.

If I lived near you I’d make a grocery run for you.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3974 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Hell, take this time to learn to make your own bread. It takes time, and care to do well. It will distract you and give you a challenge.

Freakin Walmart was out of flour. Frown

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sweet Christ. The idiots are winning...

I'm still in for the cookies...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12784 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I completely understand your concerns. I haven't been reading much of the threads for Covid 19 as I have been working a lot of shifts and have very little time as of late. I'm sure that most members here are concerned as well, regardless of age and health. This forum is like a very special family, so feel free to reach out if you're feeling stressed and I'm sure we'll all get through this together. GOD Bless.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Confused I saw nothing that you need to apologize for.

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Don't apologize, and for God's sake don't go to Walmart for stuff you don't need.

Take a little time and figure this out. It's easy, I promise.

https://zoom.us/download

Download the Zoom Client for Meetings and set up a free account. You can then schedule Zoom meetings (I assume your laptop or iPad has a camera and a microphone). Zoom meetings are like video conference calls.

Send the link (it generates when you set the date and time) to your kids and have some fate to face time with them. We've had a few family meetings and they've been helpful.

Posts: 11392 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Johnny, Arkansas is part of my sales territory. I've got friends all over the state. If things get bad and you need something give me a shout.

I will find someone to come help.

Email is in my profile. If you want my cell# just drop me a note.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Don’t worry about it. I think everyone has more anxiety and stress than normal over this mess. Stay home as much as you can because of your age and try not to watch so much news. All they are talking about is the Wuhan virus.

I agree.

Lots of stress to go around. We luv ya, man! Big Grin

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Oddball must live near me, cause it’s been raining here all week too. The kid has been outta school, the wife has been working from home......the range is down and I’ve reloaded all the empty cases I have....

If I hadn’t been a sailor who has been to sea for months at a time without news or mail or new foodstuffs, I’d probably be antsy. But It’s almost like Uncle Sam trained me for this....

At least I can have a nice whiskey when I want one, unlike being at sea.

Relax my friend. My mom n dad are in the same boat as you. Turn off the radio news and tv news. And you will weather this.

And above all, remember to whisper ooohh saaaaa when you think it’s getting difficult.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Confused I saw nothing that you need to apologize for.
I agree. For certain segments of the population, and especially without a lot of local support this is a very scary thing so don't feel bad about voicing your concerns. If someone doesn't want to read it don't open the thread.

Posts: 3929 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it at all. A lot of people are stressed, so view any comments in that light. I see no reason for you to apologize.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Johnny,

No reason to apologize.

When 24/7 this dominates the news it is easy to be concerned and scared. I have several risk factors, age, bypass, asthma, high bp.

Just a suggestion and try to limit the TV and radio news, sensationalism sells. Not that this is anything to ignore but ratings drive market, the higher ratings (amount of listeners) the more they can charge for advertising. I've been watching TCM,Nat Geo, Animal Planet, Motor Trend, anything on satellite that I can. And in the cars and with the online app Sirius radio. I try to watch the news at 11 P.M. only. The Detroit newspapers, I can go weeks without looking online and not miss a thing.

The rumor mill is going full tilt boogie right now,if I believed in one quarter of what I have heard I would be a mess. FB is so full of B.S. right now. I ripped a long lost friend there a new hole the other day over one of his posts. He literally blames everything on the Republican Party and the President, this has been his tirade since the election and I finally got sick of reading it. Doing this made me feel much better.

I know you feel alone and isolated, just you and your wife. Unfortunately I am too far away and I don't have any contacts in Arkansas, if I did I'd try to help you out. My email is in my profile if you feel the need to one on one converse too.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Johnny, reading your post makes me sad. I am sorry to hear of all those things. I understand. I am glad you posted and feel some of what you said.

Try to keep your chin up. I too love the SF but it has been tough to take too much of lately unfortunately.

Hopefully it will dry out some and you get outside to hear the birds sing.

My main advice is limit your intake of the C19 media and web traffic. It will indeed bring one down. May Good Bless. orc

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19199 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You owe me no apologies. I understand, this shit has me worried. My job puts me in constant contact with people, and sometimes for extended periods. There are nearly 50 documented cases in the two counties I work in most often, so multiply that by however many silent, untested, or not confirmed cases. I just emailed my boss and told him I want to take Tuesday on off, after he shifted things around to give me work for Monday and Tuesday. I feel really bad, as I had an empty schedule this week and he make it possible for me to work and now I am bailing. We both have comorbidities while relatively young either one of us or both could have complications if we got this thing.

I am freaked out a bit, trying to do my best, it's hard to not follow what is going on, I check the 1point3acres site 3 or 4 times a day to see the current counts and follow the news. Thank God I don't watch any cable news or I probably would have already had an heart attack.

Hang in there my friend.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Hang in there!

At least you weren't out mowing your yard today in the rain... were you?
A neighbor of mine was! Guess he had a bad case of cabin fever.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Johnny, I didn't see your posts, but you are a gentleman. I don't think you need to apologize for anything.

Our church is doing errands for the elderly and shut-in, also bringing them food and necessities, as well as just checking on them to be sure they are okay. I would think your church is doing the same. Have you asked them?

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post