SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Harbor Freight Electric Pole Saw
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harbor Freight Electric Pole Saw Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't do business with Harbor Freight, aka China West.

Find a pole saw made in the USA. That's your challenge and that's your solution.

Posts: 107665 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tim
Big Grin

when people include the words "If everybody"
I am the hell out.

I disagree on 80 % of tim's tirade

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54679 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
Mine leaks oil all down the handle, making it difficult to hang on to. It is relegated to the garage closet til it makes it to the dump.

Easy solution....quit putting oil into the oil tank and just use a spray chain lube to the chain periodically when using!!! WIN-WIN

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Buy American whenever possible

Posts: 107665 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I buy American made/grown when I can, and when it's financially feasible and responsible.

Today I took Southflorida-laws recommendation and a 25% off coupon and went to Harbor Freight (only 2nd time in their store) and bought the Portland Pole Saw for a (I hope) one time job.

Cut through 4 inch limbs like butter. I was standing on a 10 foot ladder and with the saw extended to its full length, it was easy to handle, but had enough weight on the saw to do the job on its own.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnny 3eagles, glad it worked out for you!

As to Tim's China Rant, amusing, as he shot and edited the whole thing on products made in China.

So we all say, Fuck China, and the whole USA stops buying their products, and they stop buying our products and agricultural products (in the tune of $120 Billion give or take). Who here will let an out of work farmer move in with them?

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight is very hit or miss. My son likes to buy stuff from them but I have not. We were working on the brakes on my 2004 Accord. Harbor Freight hand held air impact tool was defective/broke first use out of the box. He bought some impact bits from them and one broke first try and the head was left stuck in the screw holding the rotor on. Drill bits he bought from them were total crap. I bought him a Bosch jig saw for his birthday because he was using some piece of junk. He was amazed in the difference in performance. I hope he learned a lesson from that.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
And this on a foreign made gun forum! Its an interesting comparison. Many of us don't trust American made Sig guns because we feel they are or at least might be inferior. Some of us over the years even have bought American produced Sig firearms and found them inferior. Think of all the junk "ring of fire" hand guns that are made of pot metal at best. And the beat cop who covers your home probably is carrying a Grock- whoops Glock. In my youth the only 2 guns many departments would allow were S&W and Colt.

Sorry folks, Harbor Freight didn't put them out of business, they did it to themselves (colt) by producing junk. It wouldn't surprise me to see Colt and Remington at Harbor Freight. Guess the Marlin name is of similar status these days.

But the bottom line is that China hasn't put us out of business, we've done it to ourselves. Sure, the leftists in government have had a pretty big role by allowing unions to demand way too much. But that's still American workers and government killing the business.

Japanese products often are better than those made here. Even carrying American names like Browning or Winchester. One reason we won WWII was because our firearms were vastly superior to the ones made in Japan. In my youth we laughed at Japanese battle rifles. The assumption being they weren't safe to fire. No such problem with German products. The Mauser rifles were bolt guns and we had Garands. That was a design issue and ours were better.

But again, our government failed us and has allowed our designs to be stolen and then sold to us.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post