SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Consequences: Portland residents begging for help, scared to go outside:
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Consequences: Portland residents begging for help, scared to go outside: Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Portland has legal meth and heroin that has fueled the so called "homeless." They are street people who enjoy the doper life.

and the amount of crime they commit is unreal. Burglaries primarily, which the city no longer responds to for the most part.

Plus auto thefts and pretty much anything that isn't encased in concrete gets stolen.

Regarding the burglaries, the meth heads have become more sophisticated over time. Some know how to pick locks effectively, they use power tools for entry, and do a huge amount of damage in the process.

They will bust into your car to steal a used Pepsi bottle which is worth 10 cents.

and as I said in another thread, if they are ever caught, which is rare, they go to the jail just long enough to get the free dental care, and they are out within hours.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Now we’ll see if they can learn.
We already know the answer to that.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just don't let them move out of state unless it's to WA or CA....

Posts: 23461 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Might as well give up now... Cracker Barrel has closed.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37970 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good. It's gotta get much worse to have any chance of getting better.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

"I live in a city where I don't feel safe," he added.

Gee. That’s a shame.

By the way, which party did you vote for in the last several elections? Wonder if there might be a connection?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6409 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Cracker Barrel says they closed because of “the pandemic”. Everywhere else is thriving now that the PLANdemic is over. Cmon CB, do better. Tell the truth as to why you’re closing all your restaurants in the Portland area. You can even do it without being political…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15588 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
From those that I have talked to it seems that voting in local elections is not something that many take the time to do.

Not sure how you would change that.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Now we’ll see if they can learn.
We already know the answer to that.

Yep. We are watching this through our fingers.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
From those that I have talked to it seems that voting in local elections is not something that many take the time to do.

Not sure how you would change that.

I am sorry for you normies stuck in the leftist hellhole. That said, anything short of letting portland descend into pure thunderdome probably won’t awaken the stunted neurons of the local libtards in any meaningful way.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
The dots are practically touching and they still can not connect them.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently not restricted to Portland. Tacoma has the same problems according the residents in this video.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37970 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently not restricted to Portland. Tacoma has the same problems according the residents in this video.

Aw yes the homeless industrial complex of shangri La, AKA portland, seattle, tacoma.

quote:
The dots are practically touching and they still can not connect them.

Sad but true

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
From the Tacoma Video:
"I've never lived in a time where people could trash a city with the city's approval."

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Now you have to watch out for crazy axe guys?

343 - Never Forget

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Less police, less crime is a real thing.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Now you have to watch out for crazy axe guys?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
There was a Town Hall meeting last Saturday.
Ted the Turd actually advocated for rescinding measure 110 but was met with opposition.
It would mean a $58M cut for the most vocal opposition.
Big money in the junkie situation that they created.

Even if they started arresting people as normal they would have to turn them loose if the police responded at all due to shortages.
They are cutting people loose right now because there is also a big shortage of Public Defenders.
It's pretty much a shit show of epic proportions.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Forgive me, but once again I say 'good'. It's gotta be this way to come back around.

Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
And it will get worse before it gets better until they make the connection with their voting habits.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post