Consequences: Portland residents begging for help, scared to go outside:

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8990075994

March 23, 2023, 10:49 AM
radioman
Consequences: Portland residents begging for help, scared to go outside:
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Portland has legal meth and heroin that has fueled the so called "homeless." They are street people who enjoy the doper life.

and the amount of crime they commit is unreal. Burglaries primarily, which the city no longer responds to for the most part.

Plus auto thefts and pretty much anything that isn't encased in concrete gets stolen.

Regarding the burglaries, the meth heads have become more sophisticated over time. Some know how to pick locks effectively, they use power tools for entry, and do a huge amount of damage in the process.

They will bust into your car to steal a used Pepsi bottle which is worth 10 cents.

and as I said in another thread, if they are ever caught, which is rare, they go to the jail just long enough to get the free dental care, and they are out within hours.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
March 23, 2023, 10:59 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Now we’ll see if they can learn.
We already know the answer to that.
March 23, 2023, 11:46 AM
HRK
Just don't let them move out of state unless it's to WA or CA....
March 24, 2023, 08:03 AM
Rightwire
Might as well give up now... Cracker Barrel has closed.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
March 24, 2023, 08:06 AM
parabellum
Good. It's gotta get much worse to have any chance of getting better.
March 24, 2023, 08:31 AM
CoolRich59
quote:

"I live in a city where I don't feel safe," he added.

Gee. That’s a shame.

By the way, which party did you vote for in the last several elections? Wonder if there might be a connection?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
March 24, 2023, 09:15 AM
gearhounds
Cracker Barrel says they closed because of “the pandemic”. Everywhere else is thriving now that the PLANdemic is over. Cmon CB, do better. Tell the truth as to why you’re closing all your restaurants in the Portland area. You can even do it without being political…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
March 24, 2023, 10:08 AM
powermad
From those that I have talked to it seems that voting in local elections is not something that many take the time to do.

Not sure how you would change that.
March 24, 2023, 10:19 AM
darthfuster
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Now we’ll see if they can learn.
We already know the answer to that.

Yep. We are watching this through our fingers.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
March 24, 2023, 11:07 AM
divil
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
From those that I have talked to it seems that voting in local elections is not something that many take the time to do.

Not sure how you would change that.

I am sorry for you normies stuck in the leftist hellhole. That said, anything short of letting portland descend into pure thunderdome probably won’t awaken the stunted neurons of the local libtards in any meaningful way.
March 24, 2023, 11:57 AM
Tuckerrnr1
The dots are practically touching and they still can not connect them.

March 24, 2023, 02:06 PM
Rightwire
Apparently not restricted to Portland. Tacoma has the same problems according the residents in this video.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
March 24, 2023, 02:52 PM
Jelly
quote:
Apparently not restricted to Portland. Tacoma has the same problems according the residents in this video.

Aw yes the homeless industrial complex of shangri La, AKA portland, seattle, tacoma.

quote:
The dots are practically touching and they still can not connect them.

Sad but true
March 24, 2023, 03:04 PM
John Steed
From the Tacoma Video:
"I've never lived in a time where people could trash a city with the city's approval."

... stirred anti-clockwise.
March 24, 2023, 06:16 PM
Rightwire
Now you have to watch out for crazy axe guys?

343 - Never Forget

March 24, 2023, 06:34 PM
jljones
Less police, less crime is a real thing.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

March 24, 2023, 06:46 PM
synthplayer
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Now you have to watch out for crazy axe guys?

I found what you said riveting.
March 24, 2023, 07:34 PM
powermad
There was a Town Hall meeting last Saturday.
Ted the Turd actually advocated for rescinding measure 110 but was met with opposition.
It would mean a $58M cut for the most vocal opposition.
Big money in the junkie situation that they created.

Even if they started arresting people as normal they would have to turn them loose if the police responded at all due to shortages.
They are cutting people loose right now because there is also a big shortage of Public Defenders.
It's pretty much a shit show of epic proportions.
March 24, 2023, 07:37 PM
parabellum
Forgive me, but once again I say 'good'. It's gotta be this way to come back around.
March 24, 2023, 07:38 PM
asonie
And it will get worse before it gets better until they make the connection with their voting habits.