SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cell phone reverse directory ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell phone reverse directory ?? Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Is there such a thing?

Tonight, for reasons I won't go into, I called in an order to Domino's Pizza using my cell phone. I thought it was odd they didn't ask for my name but when I went to pick up the order it not only had my phone number (caller ID I assume) but also had my full name on the label.

This was the first time I ever called Domino's.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm interested too.

Used to be some free ones, but all of those seem to have been changed to pay sites now.

Google is a shitshow searching for phone numbers. Page after page of pay sites.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to find one where you don't have to pay. But I've had very good luck just googling the phone number and scrolling down, 1 of the links on the first page or two of google will have the owners name and info in the description.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some cell phone numbers come up on caller ID with the account holder name

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you ordered from them before? If so, they likely have your data linked to the phone number.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any directories, but your information is linked everywhere. We used PayPal's credit card system to take payment for a charity I worked for. When we swiped someone's card, we got the option to send the receipt by email or text. We didn't have to input any information, the info was already in PayPal's database and somehow linked to their card. We hit the button, and the receipt went out.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post