SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need auto transport company recommendations please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need auto transport company recommendations please Login/Join 
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted
I need to have my 1954 Chevy truck shipped from the San Antonio area to SE Tennessee.

I am dizzy looking at all the companies online!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Check out uShip. You'll be dealing with the actual shipping company. My experience with doing a Google is that you're talking to brokers. The drivers don't want to talk to you until it's time to pick up/drop off the vehicle.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Looking at uship and they seem to be a broker also.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I used uShip and it was incredibly painless. I’d recommend it wholeheartedly.

Posts: 2328 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
Looking at uship and they seem to be a broker also.

The people bidding on your transport are the drivers/companies themselves.

I used a guy 3 times. I met him through uShip and paid through them. 2nd and 3rd time was just me dealing with his company.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seayall
posted Hide Post
Take it from me, don't go online for a bid. I did that like a month ago and I'm still getting daily emails with quotes and I got phone calls for about two weeks....
I had to move a car from NC to MI and I used Reliable Carriers. Cost me $975 for the car to move in an enclosed van. Car was picked up Saturday and at my house the next day by 6pm. Now that may be fast for most loads but the carrier has a terminal in Detroit so it was a good lane for them. Not the cheapest, but I was very happy with the service...

Posts: 681 | Location: Cape Coral, FL | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
what ever you do, do not choose fr8yourway they are a bunch of liars, they have my deposit and I'm dealing with my cc company to get it back. they never showed up when the promised made tons of excuses. they are subscribers of uship.

Posts: 5607 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Don't forget... It's negotiable.
I got a pretty good price from Ready Logistics, A Cox Automotive Brand. They are brokers, not the drivers, but they hire the drivers who are often independent contractors.

Tanya Bates // SR. Account Manager –POV Team
Tanya.Bates@coxautoinc.com |
P: 480-729-8703/888-708-0880 | F: 480-558-3209
1030 North Colorado Street | Suite 109 | Gilbert, AZ 85233
A Cox Automotive Brand

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24186 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reliable Carriers did a car for me once and I had no complaints.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I'm going with DAS because they have drop-off and pick-up locations nationwide. Shipping wife's old car from Pensacola to Reno and retiring the Bronco II.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
I just shipped my sons car to him from KY to Camp Pendleton. I used Priority Auto Relocations. I can recommend them based on my experience. They even called to follow up after delivery. Cost was comparable to other quotes. I first went with the lowest bid (Navy Auto) and got yanked around over a week, them telling me every day my car would be picked up “tomorrow”. Tomorrow never came for them so I hired Priority and it was picked up the next day.

Posts: 601 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post