SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ozempic story update 3-4-2023
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozempic story update 3-4-2023 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This was a local new story the other day, many of the pharmacy s will not fill a Rx unless the patient has been using them for diabetes already. Ensuring those that need it get it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the last 4 years I have been on a clinical trial for semaglutide and it’s cardiovascular effects. Semaglutide is the main compound in Ozempic, Wegovy, etc. my doctor got me into the study for my overweight condition and my previous cardiac history. I may have been on the placebo, but evidence suggests otherwise. I am not sure what the dosage is that I take by injection weekly.
I have lost a total of 89 lbs. I had a very dramatic loss initially. Very little side effect issues. The trial program emphasized trying to eat healthy and exercise in addition to the weekly injection. During the peak of the Covid pandemic I back slid some, but have since been back on track. At first I was was eating somewhat better and have only added consistent exercise in the last year( my first full year of retirement).
I have been notified that the trial will be closing next month. I’ll be discussing with my doctor where we go next. Thankfully my eating habits are pretty good and my exercising commitment is locked in.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I personally know 2 people on Ozempic and one person on Mounjaro (sp?). All 3 are paying $25 per month for the medication, and none of the 3 are diabetic or (diagnosed as) prediabetic. May be coincidence but all 3 are also on Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. So at least in some areas, you can get insurance to actually pay what they should.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are local determinations of the carrier.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post