SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your Wardrobe Pet Peeves
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Wardrobe Pet Peeves Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Unless in a pool setting, men wearing flip flops.

I agree. Feet in general are not very attractive. (unless you have a fetish) And for god sake, if a man's going to prance around in public in flip flops, get a professional pedicure, and don't even think of it if you have fungus. Wife and were eating dinner in a white table cloth restaurant. Not really that fancy but $30 - $50 entrees. Next table a guy with cargo shorts, flip flops and very yellow fungus toe nails. Didn't do much for our enjoyment of the meal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NavyGuy,

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta: Camouflage is not a fashion statement.

Oh, it's a fashion statement without a doubt. It's just that it sends the wrong message. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by divil: Unless in a pool setting, men wearing flip flops.

About 90% of my off-work time is spent in flip-flops. The best I've found (from a forum recommendation) are Rainbows although I've heard good things about Hari Mari. Just incase you want to branch out. Big Grin

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Black socks with shorts ?

Posts: 1352 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:

If you're talking about black knee or calf socks, sure.

But black ankle socks or the even lower "no show" socks are fine with shorts. Especially if your shoes or shorts are also black.

Posts: 32542 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:

But black ankle socks or the even lower "no show" socks are fine with shorts. Especially if your shoes or shorts are also black.[/QUOTE]

Ha, Black shoes. I'm imagining black wing tips.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Be it male or female wearing the ripped jeans showing all kind of shredded ripped openings and flesh that back in the day we were not even allowed to wear something as tacky as that around even if inside of our home much less outside in public.................... .................. Males wearing loose fitting pants which need to be held up by the hand to keep from falling down while walking and showing their underpants and the crotch of the pants almost down to their knees. Double Yuck!!. ....... drill sgt

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My niece were different socks all of the time. So I bought identical sneaker models in two slightly different colors, and now mix them up.

Taking hip to another level, one step at a time.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
While I'm not a fan of some of the stuff mentioned, the only one that actually bothers me is the damn pants hanging down exposing the ass/drawers. While I don't particularly like skinny jeans, brown shoes with blue suits, ripped jeans, bow ties, and many other styles, at least I don't feel like beating the crap out of the person wearing them.

Regarding flip flops, I wear them whenever I feel like it. I spent more than half my life on islands, and shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops are the way we dress when not at work. Here in Alabama, I still dress like that if I'm just around the neighborhood, headed to the beach, etc. I've always worn closed toe shoes at nice restaurants though.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Ha, Black shoes. I'm imagining black wing tips.

Nah, think more like black athletic shoes.

Posts: 32542 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KBobAries:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta: Camouflage is not a fashion statement.

Oh, it's a fashion statement without a doubt. It's just that it sends the wrong message. Wink

quote:

About 90% of my off-work time is spent in flip-flops. The best I've found (from a forum recommendation) are Rainbows although I've heard good things about Hari Mari. Just incase you want to branch out. Big Grin

Dan

No don’t buy the hari maris. I tried them they fall apart within a year, stain your feet, and hold bacteria making your feet stinky. Stick with rainbows.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2247 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wearing a shirt with a collar meant for a tie, but no tie.
Wearing an oxford style shirt with the buttons undone.
Buttoning a shirt all the way to the collar with no tie.

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Dan

I looked them up, No way am I putting my ugly ass dogs in those things Red Face

However in the interests of honesty, I am glad I never met 46&2. I have violated all 3 and continue to violate 2 of his fashion peeves to the extent that I might be burned at the stake. Big Grin

Posts: 3158 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze: No don’t buy the hari maris. I tried them they fall apart within a year, stain your feet, and hold bacteria making your feet stinky. Stick with rainbows.

Thanks for the heads up.

My peeve is underwear that shows. Wear a belt for Pete's sake. Related to that... manufacturers that insist on putting their brand name in bright contrasting colors on the waistband. Mad

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
The nasty toe shoes, forget who said it but they called them little toe cocks.

I immediately assume anyone wearing them is a dumbass or Virgin. Ignorant of me I know, but it's how it is.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yuppies wearing Carhartts because they think it increases their masculinity!! Lol. I blame that on Carhartt though, they are catering to a different crowd now. Just kidding, I’m fashion clueless, whatever is comfortable, I’m sporting…I don’t mind getting dressed up though, but my work dictates hard wear work clothing, I’m rough on bibs, coats and pants

Posts: 461 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I hate leather shoes with no socks and dress pants. My feet would smell like 1000 devils after 8 hours of that deal and even 10 minutes would be uncomfortable for me with my sweaty feet.

-D.H. Lawrence

Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajunmuscle:
3. Shoes not matching belts

Is that you, Herb Tarlek?

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
White athletic socks with dress clothes.

Posts: 12473 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
You do what you do and I'll do what I do. I wear a ball cap about 90% of the time and if I choose to wear it indoors, well...I'm going to, while not caring one bit about what others might think.
Me, too. I do remove it in a religious building (especially the Sanctuary), and when I am eating (my mom was very strong about not wearing a hat at the table).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Man Capris
Skinny Jeans
Men’s high heeled shoes

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post