SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your Wardrobe Pet Peeves
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Wardrobe Pet Peeves Login/Join 
posted
I thought this would be fun . Name a few of your fashion faux pas and pet peeves

1. Tucked in shirts while not wearing a belt
2. Socks and sandals
3. Shoes not matching belts
4. Wearing a belt and missing a belt loop
5. Ties that are too long or too short

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
I don't want to see your draws. Pull up your damn pants.

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I guess I need to get some fashion faux pas

Posts: 13299 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Men wearing skinny jeans.

What in the fucking fuck.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I wear Crocs from time to time and there has never been a belt that matches them.
The dictates of fashion are lost on me.
I once had a cat named FoPaws.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
1] People wearing hats indoors.
2] People not wearing hats outdoors.
3] Pants that are torn or ripped are to be repaired or thrown away.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10931 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm fat.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12795 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Codpieces Big Grin

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16530 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Damn clothes shrinker (aka clothes dryer) making my shirts and pants tight

Budget motel pants (aka pants/shorts with no ball room)

Hot chicks wearing modest apparel

Obese women wearing skin tight clothing

People wearing pajamas to the airport. I'm not saying we should return to the days of men wearing 3 piece suits when flying, but have a little pride and don't leave the house in your pajamas.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/u5A55eWbiBI

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
For me it's brown shoes with a blue suit.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes at some of these pet peeves.

Q

Posts: 26460 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Flip flops on airplanes.

High waist jeans on women (gawd, they're awful).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Sandals

Posts: 9980 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Tucked in shirt with no belt is fine if you're wearing suspenders....

My pet peeves, I guess:

- Ditto those awful high-waisted pants women wear.
- Rompers. Simply loathsome.
- Sloppy ass sweatpants worn as everyday wear.
- Ditto ties of the wrong length, especially too long.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Ass-less chaps.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Ass-less chaps.

According to Bloomingfield, USACA will do its best to take advantage of the chaps resurgence by publicizing information that will better familiarize the public with the ins and outs of assless chaps.

“For instance, technically all chaps are assless chaps because chaps, by their very nature, have no ass to them,” noted Bloomingfield. “Things like that.”

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All chaps are assless. Unless your riding a donkey.

Posts: 4782 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Stores not stocking real people sized clothing. For A lot of us, the off the rack pants are a size too short or a size too long. Example: my inseam is 31 inches. 30 inch length pants are too short and 32 inch too long. With 30 inch I'm high watering and with 32 inch I'm stepping on and wearing out the hem. Shirts too. Necks too small or too large. I get a shirt that fit my neck then the tails hangs like a tent and billows out like a womens old fashioned bustle when tucked in. Screw that shit.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I am the exact opposite of a clothes horse.

As long as it covers the parts the neighbors don't want to see and it's fairly comfortable, I'm good to go.

I do sometimes wonder what the neighbors think as I head down to the barn wearing shorts and mid-calf Muck boots. (Because I can slip them on for a quick trip to the barn and take them off when I get back to the house...)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post