SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is it with City people and Trees?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is it with City people and Trees? Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve been doing some testing this Fall mulching leaves with the lawn mower, so far it’s great. I have 3 midsized maple trees in the front yard, 2 ‘sugars’ & a ‘red’.

Previous years I always raked & hauled them away, to the outer areas. I should make a ‘blocking plate’ for the Cub Cadet rider, already have ‘high lift’ blades. It’s good enough as-is, a few extra passes.

I mulch every few days, once more & the mower goes away for Winter. Who doesn’t like to ride around on a mower?

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I’ve been doing some testing this Fall mulching leaves with the lawn mower, so far it’s great. I have 3 midsized maple trees in the front yard, 2 ‘sugars’ & a ‘red’.

Previous years I always raked & hauled them away, to the outer areas. I should make a ‘blocking plate’ for the Cub Cadet rider, already have ‘high lift’ blades. It’s good enough as-is, a few extra passes.

I mulch every few days, once more & the mower goes away for Winter. Who doesn’t like to ride around on a mower?

I do the same. Make several passes with the ride on mower until it looks broken down enough. In the Spring, I drag behind a thatcher that someone gave me years ago to open up the soil. I don't go crazy on the lawn, but it looks nice when I'm done.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4016 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I think those tree-clearing sorts are just called "assholes".

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post