SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Billionaire Tim Gurner says unemployment needs to "rise to 40-50%" in order to control workers, then "apologizes" for what he believes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Billionaire Tim Gurner says unemployment needs to "rise to 40-50%" in order to control workers, then "apologizes" for what he believes Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
$15-$22 a hour for menial jobs is getting us exactly what we all warned about: $25 pizzas and $12 Big Mac meals.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe VTAIL is correct about the comment being a 50 percent increase in the rate, not going to 50 percent unemployment, but the guy is still a clueless and out of touch douchebag.

Posts: 2490 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The path that we are on can’t end well. It’s just not sustainable.

A one bedroom apartment around here starts at $1,750, with most around $1,900. The sustainability ship left port a decade or more ago.

Posts: 9980 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Poorly written article, everyone that read it here has indicated it's clearly an increase of rate meaning doubling the current rate, not half the people in the country.

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
He's being honest about what he thinks. If I was in his shoes, I'd probably say the same thing. But since I'm on the other side of the table, I say, "fuck you."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19697 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One assumes that the 3.8 figure is correct. Remember the calculation was changed in 2012 to get the 'Community Organizer in Chief' under the 7 pct number so that he could get re-anointed.

IT has lots of folks out of work. A huge percentage are contract jobs making less than the more permanent employees. I see permanent job posting in IT where 100 plus apply.

Took me 18 months to get a lousy contract job when my job was 'exported' almost 6 years ago. Then another 9 month unpaid vacation, then a 20 month contract at a semi-decent rate (sill only 60 cents on dollar compared to the old job I list). Been unemployed since 1/1/2023 - well, effectively retired, with no SSN; 2 more months before I can apply for poor person's SSN.

Yes, part of skill set (software) thanks to my idiot manager and a paradigm shift due to IT function exportation. The DEI shit did not help either - 56, white, and not confused about being male since womb time.

So, all is not all in IT land here. Been watching it sink here in the US of A since 2001.

The idiot seems to forget that 'Idle hands are the devil's tools.'

Naturally as a 'property developer', he stands to make a lot of money acquiring property people can't make payments on due to unemployment, at rock bottom prices and the make a fortune on the turn around.

We have inflation because, govt spending, and govt created mess like a war in the Ukraine and domestic energy production strangulation. Increase the price of energy 100 pct and you will have inflation, ala 1973 / 1979 oil embargo era.

Back to enjoying my early semi-semi-retirement.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post